cetera

Hartke XK4 - Unique Active Goodness! - SOLD!
£275
Guildford/Woking

A big potential purchase has come up and sadly I need to move on a couple of basses to help pay for it :(

So, as a result, here is my lovely Hartke XK4 active bass. I always wanted one of these as I had played one in a shop approx 15 years ago and had been blown away by the massive (almost Status/Modulus graphite-sounding) active tone, striking black/chrome and brushed aluminium looks... and easily playable neck that felt like it was short-medium scale! It didn't disappoint and I've hugely enjoyed owning and playing it. Indeed, soundwise, it's been a fave of many musicians I've ever played with as it cuts through with authority and ease.

Here's the original sales blurb from Hartke:

Designed to Larry Hartke's specifications and featuring high quality components throughout, the XK-4 represents a more accessibly priced option for professional bassists. This precision instrument features a Poplar body coupled to a Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminum component neck system with a rock maple neck shell that provides a familiar feel and easy playability. This unique neck system consists of a lightweight aluminum aircraft extrusion welded to an aluminum triple-plated chrome headstock. It not only ensures maximum resistance to atmospheric conditions and string tension, it provides exceptionally long sustain and tuning stability over the long run. A Rosewood fretboard with ultra fat action neck finish and Nickel-Silver frets further enhance playability while the XK-4's Zero-fret design provides flawless open string response.To best capture its extraordinary sustain, tone and presence, the XK-4 is equipped with high performance passive pickups and active electronics. Other features include dual volume controls; concentric bass/treble tone controls; a chrome bridge and tuning machines and a brushed aluminum finish pickguard. Like the XL-4, there is a lifetime guarantee on the neck assembly.

Poplar body
34" scale length
Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminium neck
Chrome-plated headstock
Rock maple neck shell
Rosewood fretboard
Nickel silver frets
Zero fret for flawless open string response
P-J passive pickups with active electronics
Dual volume controls
Concentric Active Bass/Treble controls
Heavy Duty 'Hartke branded' Chrome bridge
Gotoh Chrome tuners
Easy access 9-volt battery compartment
Brushed aluminium finish pickguard

Sadly, less than 1000 of these were ever made when Vaccaro suddenly went out of business and production ceased in around 2002. Condition is excellent (especially for a 18 year old bass!) with just a couple of very light surface dings on the body edge. More pics available on request.

These are high quality instruments and were priced at around $1000 / £800 new when they came out. I therefore feel I'm offering a bargain at just £SOLD!

Happy to courier at your cost (prob around £50 for 24hr UPS via Interparcel).
Payment by cash on collection (from Guildford/Woking area), Paypal (you pay all fees) or direct bank transfer.

Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

20201109_123007.jpg

20201109_123014.jpg

20201109_123034.jpg

20201109_123102.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 6

Damn, always fancied one of these - they came out around the time I started looking for a “better” bass, and couldn’t find one.

Unfortunately out of the buyers game at the moment. A steal at that money.

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sibob
      Hi all,
      Back up for cash sale, only trade options would be an Elrick standard Jazz 5 (not sunburst).
      I love this Evolution, sounds awesome, light swamp ash body and looks great. It's a solid 9/10 for condition I'd say. A couple of small indentations, but nothing I'm able to photograph well. Stock, these basses come with Bartolini single-coils, however I've swapped those out for Bartolini dual coils that came direct from Rob Elrick.
      So spec is:
      35″ scale
      Swamp Ash Body
      8.5 Lbs (approx)
      Satin Matte Black Finish
      3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
      Ebony Fretboard
      24 frets
      2-way adjustable truss rod
      Bartolini hum cancelling Dual-coil soapbar pickups (Made in the USA)
      Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/3-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
      Fully shielded control cavity
      Black Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
      Black Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
      Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
      £1500 - No Case
      Shipping would be difficult just at the moment, but we can talk about it as an extra cost, but happy to organise a socially distanced handover as a preference.
      UK only for now.

Cheers
      Si
    • By Dandelion
      Epiphone T - Bird Pro 5 string.  These are neck heavy and need a nice thick strap to stop them diving.  But, this is a nice example. There is one tiny ding on the edge as seen in the third photo.  About 4.6 kgs. 
      Bass is active, full info available on the Web

Case not included, as I need it for my other Thunderbird.. I will find an old gig bag if required.  
      May trade for loud class D Amp? Or a decent 1980s vintage bass.? Matsumotu? 
      Straight trade for tidy Yammy BB425x

I can travel half way within reason. 

Feel free to ask questions..

• By sbrag
      2 x Hartke Hydrive 112 HD cabs. For sale. Only selling as ive just bought a Barefaced Super 12T and can't keep them all.
      Pretty much mint condition. I've used them at about 3 rehearsals and I think the guy I bought them from had gigged them once. I don't think they've ever been pushed hard. 
      Switchable between 4 and 8 ohm and come with unpadded vinyl covers.
      Looking for £175 each or £300 for both.
      Socially distanced trials welcome at downend in Bristol. Collection preferred but will post at buyers cost and risk. 
      No trades thanks.
      Features:
      Manufacturer: Hartke Series: HyDrive Capacity: from 200 Watt Capacity (Watt): 300 Impedance (Ohm): 4, 8 Number of Speakers: 1 Speaker Manufacturer: Hartke Speakers: 12" HyDrive Papier/Aluminium Tweeter: Yes Bass Reflex System: Yes Number of inputs: 4 Input: Speakon + jack Wheels: No Tilt-back design: No Width (mm): 483 Height (mm): 406 Length (mm): 381 Weight (kg): 15.4

• By SteveXFR
      This is my 2019 Ibanez SR300EB. 
      Its the weathered black finish. Really nice condition, just a mark on the back from a belt buckle. Just fitted new Roto strings 45-105 roundwound. Plays really nice, lovely narrow neck. Sounds good, everything works as it should. All completely standard. 
      Reasonable offers considered 
      Would also take a swap for a Squier Precision or similar. 

• By nige1968
      Will bump this now and then until I lose the will to live ...
      I have for sale the original, used-once 9v 2-band, four-pot electronic innards from a Warwick Rockbass Streamer NT.
      NB: This came from a bass with active pickups. There's one used with passive pickups below. I can't discern any physical difference, but hey.
      The part number is SP - RB125 and normally sells for a snadge over £50 plus postage from Germany.
      Details here: https://shop.warwick.de/en/pickups/accessories-parts/bass-electronics/21366/active-electronic-for-passive-pus-vol-balmn250k-treble-bass  No longer available?
      Controls are volume, pup blend, bass and treble. Knobs available should you need them.
      Pots marked as follows (wire wraps are labelled): Volume Alpha A25kΩ; pup blend (M?)N250K; Treble B 50K; Bass none found, presumed covered in solder! Everything was removed by a proper luthier, not me. Electronics mystify me.
      So on the off-chance you have a Rockbass with four holes, and a broken preamp, this is your replacement.
      It's vaguely possible you might think of another use for it but I can't, and I won't hold my breath waiting for suggestions.
      Price includes delivery. Fill your bootses.