Why become a member? ×

Simnett MK-6 Bass

JackLondon

• 3 weeks later...

You can spray it, but when you have a small workshop, no spray booth, and it's a cold British winter outside, there's really only one choice... and that's a brush :rolleyes: It does take longer but with a good quality lacquer brush it's not too hard going. I also buff by hand, now that does take time, I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment :)

[quote name='Metalmoore' post='774107' date='Mar 14 2010, 09:29 AM']And a question to Simo, do you have a price guide or anything, im sure some of us here after seeing this wouldnt mind you making them a bass.[/quote]

Thanks :) no price guide I'm afraid. In fact I'm not currently taking on any commission work, as I want to have some time to concentrate on developing some of more of my designs (although most of the instruments I build this year will be for sale once completed). I'll have a website/blog online shortly, which will document the various stages of my future builds, I'll let everyone know when it's online.

• 3 weeks later...