Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Peavey Fury II
£180
Poole

alyctes

Peavey Fury II.
£100, plus courier at cost if needed.

Active four-string with a single soapbar and 3-band EQ.  Black/maple/rosewood, hardware is a sort of brushed-aluminium grey.

I bought it from BCer Paul S in 2012.  Selling for the money and the space, and it's far too nice to sit unused.

If I understand correctly, these were in production into the mid-90s, and it's probably Korean-made.
Overall it's in pretty good nick - it has lots of small scratches on the front and some buckle rash, all hard to photograph on the black body, but only one serious bump.  It also has some wear from the strap, above the rear button - it's been played a lot (not by me, sadly). There are a few small marks to the back of the body.
It has one bad ding, on the lower body; someone has painted it over - maybe black nail varnish?

The neck is straight, maple and rosewood by the look of it, nice to play, 20 frets, slim and shallow (38mm nut).  It and the body have different serial numbers, for some reason.

Weight is 3.85kg (8.5lb).

The trussrod works smoothly.

The electrics work correctly.

For couriering, it will be well packed (cheap gig bag, bubblewrap, cardboard box) or I can add a battered, heavy generic hard case for another £25.
Otherwise I can deliver to a 50-mile radius or so.

I got it via this sale thread:  https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/183984-peavey-fury-ii-sold-pending-the-usual/?tab=comments#comment-1767896

The black finish really does not photograph well and the results were bad even by my standards, but here are the best of them:

IMG_0932.thumb.JPG.662b38bd23a96c5469ac0b6b238f6b84.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

Edited by alyctes
Pics and minor text edits.