Marky Screen

SOLD Fender jazz Marcus miller neck MIJ 2008 Loaded inc. UK postage
£300
London

I'm coming round to only wanting to play rosewood boards now so I'm looking to move this neck on that I got a while back.

It's a 2008 MIJ 3 bolt Marcus miller Sig.

I'll add more pics of wear and tear etc. Shortly.

It's in generally decent condition.

Frets have minimal wear and a bit of tarnish on them.

Truss rod turning fine, microtilt working fine

Nice bit of flame on the back. The fingerboard has one bit where a string has been pushed down hard and rubbed the lacquer off a bit. I've tried to photo it and a couple of tiny little lacquer rubs on it.

2 small (approx 3mm) chips to the binding through the 1st aged layer to the whiter 2nd layer, see photos 

The back of the neck is pretty clean too a couple of little tiny dings in the lacquer but otherwise good.

Reverse wind Tuners are a little stiff so could do with a little service to get them really smooth but turn fine and hold well.

Found this pretty hard to price up so have put it up at the same value as the only other 2 I could find online (Reverb) but happy to hear from BCers if it's worth more or less.

Happy to take the neck of if theres serious interest and you want heel pics etc.

Price includes UK postage.

IMG_20201001_152603.jpg

IMG_20201001_152612.jpg

IMG_20201001_152632.jpg

IMG_20201001_152645.jpg

IMG_20201001_152727.jpg

IMG_20201001_152708.jpg

IMG_20201001_152852.jpg

IMG_20201031_133510.jpg

IMG_20201031_133445.jpg

IMG_20201031_133433.jpg

Edited by Marky Screen

Was that the bass on eBay? Should’ve bought that when I had the funds 😪

59 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Was that the bass on eBay? Should’ve bought that when I had the funds 😪

Yeah I got it in a late night frenzy of impulse bidding at the start of the year😁

The neck is great but I wanna putting a rosewood block and bindings on it.

I think the body is a 75 re-issue anyway, and saw they did a matching coloured headstock neck version as well. That would be the dream!

On 29/10/2020 at 19:24, mart3442 said:

Hi , interested, but I'll need to see the damage to the binding. Cheers.

More useful pics added now.

There is actually only two small chips to the binding taken off the top aged layer to show a brighter white layer underneath so not even all the binding. The chips are about 2-3mm across.

Cheers

LAST BUMP BEFORE IT GOES ON EBAY £1 SELLING FEES OFFER TONIGHT AT FULL FAT PRICE.

SHOOT ME SENSIBLE OFFERS IF INTERESTED,  RATHER IT WENT TO A BC'er

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schwartz
      Picked this up locally, gentlemen said he got it from this very forum, excellent sounding.
      The bass itself is listed on Andre's website with a rosewood fretboard, yet this one is maple. So it's certainly not standard.
      http://www.vanderend.nl/jb4-vintage/
      Bass requires some work to make it perfect, which I'm not the right guy for, as such I've decided to knock some money off.
      Has an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp fitted which is a positive, I'd question the way it's been hooked up as one of the switches doesn't alter the sound at all. Otherwise really powerful.
      There is a hole in the body where someone looks to have tried to change a pickup.
      Weight:  ~4kg (~8.8lbs).
      Sold with a Music Man hardcase.

If you would like to arrange a play, hear it or need to ask any questions, I'm happy to oblige. Thank you for your interest.

• By thanku
      Body : Alder
      Neck : Maple (Satin finish)
      Fingerboard : Maple, 184R, 20F
      Pickups : JB-Vintage x2
      Controls : Volume, Volume, Tone
      Bridge : Vintage
      Color : Wine Red 
      Weight : 4,1 kg

Beautiful bass, with a rare satin finish neck ! Really smooth to play. Great tone, with a lot of punch. Truss rod works, frets are in MINT CONDITION. Comes with a GIG Bag. Still need to raise money for the next music video of my band guyssssss

• By bensilva
      Here for sale is my MIM 2013 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, this is the version still with the Badass Bridge, only flaw that he as is on transportation once got bumped and the varnish on the strap button cracked as well on the bottom. 
        Will ship it with a pair of Schaller straplocks   About shipping, will ship to Europe and U.K, shipping cost will be determined by UPS, use them on a fair amount and their work with my packages has been stellar. 
        I am a user of this forum for a few years and this is the first time i am selling something in this platform, therefore there is no reviews on myself, in case of doubt you can pm me and will show my reverb reviews no worries at all. 
        cheers    

• By FEND3R
      PRICE DROP - NOW £2050
       1990 Fender Custom shop fretless Jazz Bass. As you can expect from a John Page era custom shop bass – a superb instrument and one of the earliest Fender fretless jazz basses that I have seen from Fender (after the extremely rare ones from the 70s).
      As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows a lot of dings and dongs, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in perfect functional condition: straight neck with more place in the truss rod to adjust (it is not maxed out), all electronics and hardware work accordingly, action can be set very nice and low. The bass is superbly responsive, resonates extremely well with great dynamics and the harmonics are just amazing – it both sings and does the “mwah” just as well. I have not made any attempts to renew the hardware (remove the patina), because IMHO it gives it character, but if you wish my bass tech can do that prior to shipping. Width at nut is 38mm and the bass weights 4,07kg. according to my home scale. It comes with a black tolex case, probably not original.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xzum76RP3hJfic3s5
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the vintage precisions. The asking price is what it costed me, so am not very keen on discounts. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU.  
      You can check my feedback here :