Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stringray scratchplate

peteb

Does anyone know where I can source a 3 ply white scratchplate for an early 90s Musicman Stringray? 

They are advertised on the Ernie Ball site, but they only ship to USA for some reason. Is there anywhere in UK / Europe that keep them in stock?

6 minutes ago, peteb said:

Does anyone know where I can source a 3 ply white scratchplate for an early 90s Musicman Stringray? 

They are advertised on the Ernie Ball site, but they only ship to USA for some reason. Is there anywhere in UK / Europe that keep them in stock?

You should be able to order one through a Musicman dealer (eg Andertons/Gak), or contact the UK distributor, Strings and Things.

If you want to be a bit more adventurous, Chandler/Pickguard Heaven in the US have a large range available (including many of the variants like Abalone that EBMM stopped doing). These are good quality OEM spec. 

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, drTStingray said:

You should be able to order one through a Musicman dealer (eg Andertons/Gak), or contact the UK distributor, Strings and Things.

If you want to be a bit more adventurous, Chandler/Pickguard Heaven in the US have a large range available (including many of the variants like Abalone that EBMM stopped doing). These are good quality OEM spec. 

Thanks for that dude - I'm currently looking them up online. 

I've just seen a s/h oldish MM one on eBay, so I've put a snipe in for a couple of days time. Thanks for the help. 

6 hours ago, ped said:

Where would one get pre EB shaped ones?

I think there may be slight differences during the production period, in the relative positions of bridges and control plates and the scratch plate - may only apply to the earlier production (a lot of interesting info on this site - in the section on bridges some differences in relative position with scratch plates are shown

http://www.musicmanbass.global/ )

However the later pre EB are possibly the same as the EB ones up to the changeover from 4 bolt to 6 bolt neck with wheel truss rod adjuster (beginning of the 90s) and may be available from EBMM or Chandler. 

Edited by drTStingray
  • Thanks 1

On 15/10/2020 at 17:09, drTStingray said:

Just won the s/h original Musicman scratch plate on eBay - £18 plus just under a fiver in shipping