Why become a member? ×

electric double bass strings

jimmybass04

hi all, just looking for some advice/oppinions on what kind of double bass strings to put on my n.s. wav bass.
iv tried basschat member, endorkas bass which is fitted with pirastro flexicor strings and it sounds great, and sounds very close to the real deal.and louder,portable, and without the feedback probs, just a great substitute for certain gigs.
The only prob is the price of these strings, a whopping £147.
just wondering if anyone can give me any other ideas on what strings i could use on the wav to get the same kind of sound,
but hopefully a bit cheaper. cheers in advance for any info. jimmy.

I'm not entirely sure they'll fit...but the Innovation (made by Picato) strings are great on my Clifton. There are a few types, but they use a synthetic core, and give a good "old fashioned" sound (lots of thump and less sustain/growl) compared to steel cored strings. They can be had for around £80.

My only complaint is that the outer windings can slip a bit on the core, which can feel a bit strange...but I've never actually had one fall apart!

Good luck - there's a lot of choices

BB

The cheapest placce to buy strings is here [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145[/url]

Not as good as the olden days when it was $2 to the £, but still cheap to try different things.

I've been using the D'addario Helicore hybrids on my Aria EUB and I'm quite happy with them though next time I might go for the orchestral srtings for a bit less sustain. Anyway, they're about £90 a set and will definitley be a step in the right direction.

Guest subaudio

I put Spirochores on my NS and have no complaints at all, just under £100.

I think you could probably get them cheaper mail order though.