Why become a member? ×

White noise eliminator

la bam

Hi all, an odd question here.

I have a line 6 G90 rack wireless system and it's fantastic.

I've used it with an ashdown evo iv and both work together well.

Now....I've sold the ashdown and bought the same amp but in rackmount version.

I've racked everything up, and theres a noticeable white noise at high volume. (not playing the bass, just on its own). This becomes notably worse when boosting the mids.

I've taken everything out of the rack and tested. Same problem.

The ashdown works phenomenoly well in the rack when using a cable from bass to the amp (not using the g90) - no noise at all.

I'm plugging from the unbalanced jack out of the g90 into the input on the ashdown.

Has anyone any ideas of how to eliminate this noise? Im a bit worried it will pass into the DI signal?

Any help appreciated.

This may sound (sorry) like a signal level mismatch. Can you adjust the wireless' output signal (possibly higher) and amp's input (lower)?

The noise is amplified, if the wireless output is set pretty low. When you amplify any signal, you add noise. The more you have to amplify a low level signal, the noise level is also getting more power and becomes audible.

Edited by itu

15 minutes ago, itu said:

This may sound (sorry) like a signal level mismatch. Can you adjust the wireless' output signal (possibly higher) and amp's input (lower)?

The noise is amplified, if the wireless output is set pretty low. When you amplify any signal, you add noise. The more you have to amplify a low level signal, the noise level is also getting more power and becomes audible.

Cheers, the output from the g90 is currently set at 0db.