Why become a member? ×

My *ahem* collection

agroupuk

I have a fair few bits now so I will take the plunge and post my stash :rolleyes:

first up my starter rig I bought first (I no longer have the ashdown - its in a local shop for sale) I still use the Ibanez BTBLTD07 because I fitted a drop d to it.

Next up is my Tanglewood TW55 acoustic bass. Fitted with flats and has a nice tone amped or natural :D

I also have an older OLP 5 stringer which I cant get the hang of playing :) 4 strings for me it seems - so this is for sale in the local shop too. Shame really as its a nice bass.

Then we have my Custom Shop Epiphone Thunderbird in awesome gloss black. Bought off here from Greeneking (nice chap btw) I adore this bass - no matter what others say about Thunderbirds it never has put me off playing as its a really really nice bass to rock with. Plus it just looks the part - and the tone suits the stuff I like.

Last but far from least is my present rig and main bass.
Genz Benz Shuttle 3.10t combo with Hartke 15" extension cab. Zoom B2.1u foot pedal and Big Muff.
My Warwick Rockbass Corvette active which I bought not 2 months ago and just sliding into the pic my Ashdown Compression pedal.
I love this rig - sounds fruity ;) I can get pretty much and tone I want with the pedals now. Almost happy with it. And the GB is just an amazing bit of kit for its size and weight.

Anyway thats my lot (for now!)

Feel free to comment etc - I know I dont have the best bass's in the world or rig - but its what I have so there!

(please dont ridicule my tiny Ukulele's sat on the wall - they already feel somewhat lacking when hung with the bass's hehe)

And a quick random pic of wall hangers lol

Cheers all

Edd

Edited by agroupuk

Nice collection man! Those rockbasses and olps are really great basses for the money, and i'm actually interested in the idea of one of those new neck thru thunderbirds :)

Also, is that ashdown an after eight or prefect ten? I have a perfect ten, and i really rate it! It's got a great sound for a little combo that i paid next to nothing for!

[quote name='agroupuk' post='436227' date='Mar 16 2009, 03:56 PM']please dont ridicule my tiny Ukulele's sat on the wall - they already feel somewhat lacking when hung with the bass's[/quote]

Don't apologise. I'm actually loving that one on the left - looks like an Ampeg AEB gave birth to it!

A