wira

Fodera Monarch 5-String Bolt-On Holly
£6350
germany

Posted (edited)

For sale is my wonderful Fodera Custom Monarch 5-string Bolt-On. It was built in September 2019 and it is in pristine  condition – there are no dents or scratches and the frets are like new. It has a slightly thinner body ( like the Fodera Select Series ) and chambers to reduce the weight. It comes in at just 3,9kg, which is really light for a Fodera 5er. In conjunction with the 33“ scale and the 16,5mm spacing, this Fodera feels super compact and is very easy to play  – you won’t find many Foderas with this specs on the secondhand market. It is currently setup B-G which works great, but you can also convert it to E-C, of course. Also, the Holly-Top is very clean and was a significant upcharge. A new Monarch 5 with this specs would be over 10000€ with all the additional costs ( shipping, customs, tax ).

I would like to get 7000€ for mine ( includes the original Fodera Hardshell Case and insured shipping in europe ).

Here are the specs from the Fodera newborn page :

Holly Monarch 5 Bolt-on

Body Woods

• Alder Body

• No Tone Block

• Holly Topwood

Neck Woods

• Ebony Fingerboard

• 3-pc. Hard Rock Maple Neck

• No Inlays/Side dots only

Construction Specs

• Bolt-on Construction

• 33" Scale Length

• 5 String Configuration (16.5mm Spacing)

• 24 Frets (large frets)

Electronics Options

• Fodera Custom Preamp

• Fodera Duncan Dual Coil Pickups

• Garrison 3-band Control layout

here is the link to the Fodera Newborn page with lots of pics:

https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-VI/Newborn-1947/i-k74FqVW

I am happy to take some more detailed photos or record some sound samples if anyone is interested.

Thanks for watching !

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

Edited by wira
  • Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By theshape101
      PRICE DROP NOW £5750!!!
      Selling my Fodera Imperial 5 (MG Shape). This is a great sounding bass and it plays effortlessly! I’d like to keep it only I’m not using it enough to justify keeping it, plus I’m getting married in just over a year so want to clear out some gear before that! It’s in great condition with only a few small marks on it. Only things to note about it are it didn’t come with straplocks or the Fodera truss rod tools but I can include a set of silver strap locks and I picked up the Fodera truss rod tools after I bought it so they’ll be included too. Comes with a Fodera standard Tear Drop case (1 latch is broken). 
      Specs for the Imperial 5 Elite (MG Shape):
      Body Woods:
      Imperial MG Shape
      Ash Body
      Alder Tone Block
      No Topwood
      Indian Rosewood Ramp
      Neck Woods:
      Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
      Indian Rosewood Peghead Veneer
      3-pc. Ash Neck
      Mother-of-Pearl Dot Inlays
      Construction Specs:
      Birth Date – April 2014
      Neck-Through Construction
      33″ Scale Length
      5 String Configuration (17.5mm Spacing)
      24 Frets (Small)
      Electronics Options:
      Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
      Fodera / Duncan J/J Vintage Single Coils
      Matt Garrison Control Layout
      Not really interested in trades right now  
      The bass weighs 9.4lbs (4.25KG) according to my luggage scale!
      Link to the Fodera Newborn Page: (Tap pic below)

• By Hammeron
      Hi everyone, here is my Fodera Emperor Standard bass for sale/trade. Has some use but in excellent condition.

Specs from the Fodera website:
      Hand-Selected, Aged Tone Woods 24 Frets PLEK’d Compound Radius Fingerboard 3-Piece, Quarter-Sawn Hard Rock Maple Neck High-mass, Proprietary, Adjustable, Bell-Brass Bridge Fodera/Duncan Dual Coil Pickups Fodera/Pope 3-band Preamp Ordered late 2017 and delivered June 2018.
      Original Fodera teardrop hard case included.

• By JL.
      Hi Guys !  **** Price Dopped to 6650 GBP ****
      Have to put this unique Fodera for sale to finance a new project. I'm the original owner and from all Fodera basses I had this one is really a special one with its ash neck and beautifull ebony maple lined  fingerboard. It has a dark and warm but very defined sound. Tightest and clear B string; piano like. Big but tight/defined lower range with very clear/in tune upper range. The set up is low and this basse is really easy to play.
      this instrument is in exellent conditions, the production date is 03.2009 and as I play double bass too, I never really play much on this instrument.
      Specs for this baby Imperial 5 strings low B Scale Lenght : 34 inches Top Wood : Holly wood solid top Body wood : walnut / Alder tone block Neck wood : Ash Fingerboard : Ebony with maple lines ( Side dots in standard position ) Hardware : black fodera bridge 19 mm spacing / black Fodera tuners Pickups : Seymour Duncan Dual Coils Fodera Custom with  holly wood covers matching the top. Special Features : Holly Wood finger ramp matching the top. Stringed with Daddario Half round 045.   The current location of this Fodera is Paris France. Worlldwide Shipping available. Straight sale, no trade. Bass Regards.
      JL.

• By theshape101
      Now £5999!
      Up for sale is my Fodera Monarch 5 Elite. It has a 33" scale and a 1.75" nut so it's very comfortable to play. This bass plays and sounds great, it was the main bass I used pretty much since I received it last December but is in excellent condition. 1 owner since new. 

Specs:

Body Woods
      • Monarch
      • Mahogany Body Wings (Chambered)
      • Ash Tone Block
      • Curly Walnut Top (non-solid)
      • Ebony Ramp

Neck Woods
      • Ebony Fingerboard
      • 3-pc. Maple Neck
      • Blank Inlays
      • 1.75" nut

Construction Specs
      • Birth Date - December 2016
      • Neckthrough Construction
      • 33" Scale Length
      • 5 String Configuration (19.0mm Spacing)
      • 24 Frets (large frets)

Electronics Options
      • Fodera / Pope 3-Band Custom Preamp
      • Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups
      • Monarch Control Layout

The bass comes with a Fodera Custom Teardrop case in perfect condition and will ship from Cork in Ireland.

PM me if you're interested or have any other questions.
      Thanks for looking.

Link to the Fodera newborn gallery:
      https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-V/Newborn-1313/i-DgNmPZV

• By Auslander
      Hi everybody, i'm very proud to present my new Fodera bass. It's a cutom order with some spec taken from the Anthony Jackson 's signature bass.
      Here specs:
      - 5 strings 36" electric bass
      - walnut body with ash toneblock
      - red oak neck (three pieces) with ebony fingerboard
      - holly top and back, matched pickup cover and headstock
      - the fongerboard has 24 small frets but continue til virtual 28th fret for create a ramp
      - Seymour Duncan dual coil in AJ position
      - The headstock has the same ancgle of the Presentation II Fodera bass
      - No controls, no preamp, no volume, only one pickup directly connected to the input jack
      - Premium mother of pearl trussrod cover

Here the bass in Fodera's New Born Gallery: (click on the photo)
      Cheers everybody!

Simone