roceci

*SOLD* Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V Ash RW Natural 2012-2016
£1100
Cardiff

£1,100  NOW £1,050!

Thinning the herd so this beauty is up for sale. One of Fender's best 5 string jazzes, now discontinued. Absolute quality build and finish, in near-new condition apart from usual micro scratches to pick guard and back surface. Amazing range of tones available from the N3 pickups and 18V preamp which is active/passive switchable. The neck plays wonderfully with rolled edges, B string is tight and action can go nice and low. Comes with original Fender ABS case + case candy.

Would prefer collection in person but will consider shipping at buyer's expense.

• Urethane Finish
  • Neck: Maple, Modern C Shape, (Tinted Gloss Urethane Finish)
  • Fingerboard: Bound, 9.5 Radius (241 mm)
  • No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
  • Pickups: 2 N3 Noiseless Jazz Bass Pickups
  • Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot, 3-Band Active EQ
  • Treble Boost/Cut: /- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave
  • Mid Boost/Cut: 10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope
  • Bass Boost/Cut: /- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave
  • Active/Passive Mini-Toggle Switch
  • Pickup Switching: Pickup Pan Control
  • Bridge: HMV, High Mass Vintage, (Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)
  • Machine Heads: Fender Light-Weight Vintage Style Tuners with Tapered Shafts
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
  • Scale Length: 34 (863.6 mm)
  • Width at Nut: 1.625 (41.3 mm)
  • Improved Electronics Resulting in Increased Headroom and Tighter Low-End Response
  • 18-Volt Power Supply
  • Passive Tone Control for Passive Mode
  • Stealth A String Retainer
  • Tinted Neck
  • Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods
  • 5-Bolt Neck Plate
  • Contoured Heel for Easier Access to Upper Frets
  • Rolled Fingerboard Edges
  • Highly Detailed Nut and Fret Work
  • Genuine Bone Nut
  • Wide-Slot Flat Head Screws on Battery Compartment (for Easy Changes with a Coin or Pick)
  • Pearloid Block Position Inlays
  • Neck Binding
  • 70s Style Logo

20200808_150849 (Medium).jpg

20200808_150906 (Medium).jpg

20200808_150930 (Medium).jpg

20200808_150938 (Medium).jpg

20200808_150944 (Medium).jpg

20200808_150955 (Medium).jpg

20200808_151004 (Medium).jpg

20200808_151011 (Medium).jpg

Edited by roceci
No pics
  • Like 2

Had this been 4 strings I’d have been on it. Did you swap the neck? To my knowledge they never made these available in natural with a rosewood neck (annoyingly). I did think about going down the route of buying two and swapping the necks over. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Had this been 4 strings I’d have been on it. Did you swap the neck? To my knowledge they never made these available in natural with a rosewood neck (annoyingly). I did think about going down the route of buying two and swapping the necks over. 

I did indeed mate. I've also got the white blonde that came with this neck but prefer maple so switched them up.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72deluxe
      WITHDRAWN

I am selling my Korean "ProSeries StarBass 5 Gold Metallic CHR passive/passive MAP fretted" (that's Warwick's description). I am trying to play fretless more these days and this is just not getting played enough.
      This is a passive instrument (no 9V batteries hurray) and is capable of "vintage" tones so it doesn't sound like a midrange-heavy solid-body Warwick. Serial number WPS B-000087-11 (2011 I think??).
      Construction wise, it has a solid maple block down the centre and hollow wings. The neck is maple (but painted in luxurious gold) and the fretboard wenge. This has Just-A-Nut III on it so is adjustable at the nut. (Just-A-Nut II was prone to breaking so the III is better). It has volume and tone for each pickup, and a selector switch in the style of a Les Paul (neck, both, bridge). 
      I played this on 2 gigs but then the band disbanded and it's been safely at home for many years. As you can see, it is in tip-top/excellent condition, with the only minor issues being pictured:
      a. slight decoloration of the tuning pegs (someone must have had sweaty hands before I bought it)
      b. There is also a blemish on the neck paintwork but that's under the lacquer
      c. There is a tiny slight mark above the neck pickup
      d. There is a mark near the fifth fret that looks like a construction issue that was filled in.
      e. Some slight marking on the pickup covers where enthusiastic playing has likely bashed a string onto the pickup cover (but it's under the string and I think you’ll struggle to see it)
      All of these were like this when I bought it. All of these are pictured and I think you'll struggle to notice these.
      This comes with a colossal excellent Warwick hardcase to keep this safe. This isn't pictured but is included. It’s a very good case!
      I have priced this appropriately I think, given that it's a Korean Pro Series and NOT the Chinese RockBass series which seem to have increased in price somewhat (hasn't everything?), but sensible offers are welcome!
      I enjoyed playing this bass a lot and will miss it but I need to be realistic. I would provide sound clips but there's plenty of demos by Andy Irvine back when he was working with Warwick on YouTube, if not somewhat slap-happy.
      I am in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire and would prefer not to ship this as it's massive and I have no cardboard to package it. I am happy to drive up/down the M5 a bit if this helps you for travel purposes. Worcestershire is in Tier 2 at the moment so I cannot travel to other locations.
      Cash or Bank Transfer please. If you want to put it on a credit card and pay via PayPal you can but I shouldn't get any fees so you'll have to send it as a "gift" to friends/family. Thanks.
      Pictures are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yTSfW2OrA-XqisVwEMtrpU_S0t6eB2q9
    • By TheGreek
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=zipdragon&hash=item264f46b275%3Ag%3AMDYAAOSw3iBfv7-8&item=164538790517&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1311&_nkw=bass+guitar&_sacat=0

• By Marky Screen
      Jazz wiring loom taken from a MIM 5 string in good nick.
      Comes with grounding lead and screws for those that like to shield their cavities.
      UK postage inc. 

• By Bassworks
      This bass is effectively a sister to my build diary for a PPJ5 in Surf Green that sold recently. I'll try to find some different pictures from the ones that I chose for that build diary. Feel Free to comment and ask questions along the way. I'll start with a recent photo, I'm just at the point of fitting the nut and John East UNI Pre active electronics, so this is nearly but not quite finished. It weighs in at exactly 4Kg with strings and everything else. It is a Chambered Swamp Ash body, Canadian Rock Maple asymmetric profile to the rear with a proprietary "thumb-groove" further slimming the fast "J"-like profile. It sports a compound radius Macassar Ebony fretboard 12"-20" radius with block inlays. The Daphne Blue Nitro has been lightly aged with a cryo-relic process. There is the usual high specification hardware and electronics from Hipshot, Bartolini and John East. This bass is available and I'll be shipping it out at the Black Friday week deal price from last year on her Surf Green sister. Complete with a branded Hiscox hard case and 2 years of free setup and service (fair use policy applies).
      Please DM me if you might be interested.
      Do head over to @bassworksluthiery on Facebook for other information, if you can't wait for me to populate this build diary over the next week!...
      Thanks for reading and enjoy!

• By binkybongo
      DOB 7 March 1969
      Possible trades 4 string- MM Fender Overwater Lakland
      Cheers.
      Pictures and video added
      This is a true beauty I’ve decided should be with someone else who will treasure it and play it more then I and I.
      I had one of these the first time around - then Ricks, Celinder and CS basses but always hankered back to a real 60s Jazz - then this very special laid-back looking instrument came up.
      Alder body with ebony fretboard and beautiful maple binding by master luthier Jimmy Moon. 'Very comfortable A' profile slim neck - slimmer than '64 CSs I've owned.
      The neck is in lovely condition, has a subtle flaming and like the rest of the bass has acquired the sweetest sound, character and the authentic patina and feel only 50 years can give.
      Sounds just as you would expect - an authoritative true vintage tone with a wide palette and a comfortable 9lb.
      Originally sunburst - pictured, the previous owner who bought the bass new. It has all original pick ups and electronics.  
      He took it for a set up to a music dealer where some oik damaged the truss rod which is when Mr Moon was commissioned to make the bass unique.
      The ebony fingerboard is gorgeous and as you can see is set off by the understated mother of pearl dots.
      That’s it.
      Stay safe, stay healthy and stay in tune.
      Based near Manchester, could meet within reason, comes with substantial Fender case.
      PS - I am a professional photographer - the buyer will receive a Marcus Miller poster with my compliments. https://www.william-ellis.com/

VID_20201218_095246.mp4