Why become a member? ×

!!! SOLD !!! ARIES BAJADERA 6 with 39 pieces of woods à la Carl Thompson !
£1599
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

ARIES BAJADERA 6 with 39 pieces of woods à la Carl Thompson ! A rare and unique ergonomic bass (only one ever made as a sixer) totally hand made by the Sabic brothers before they started working for a well known bass custom shop.

Absolutely no trade !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1599 GBP !!! (new price would be around £4000 GBP...)

In fully working condition, fully original and in excellent overall condition (The bass has been totally refurbished by Mike WALSH at Zoot Bass).

Here are the specifications :

Body and neck  : 39 pieces of wenge, maple, walnut and padauk

Fingerboard : wenge with 2 stripes of padauk and walnut

Frets : 24 inox and dressed by Christophe LEDUC

Headstock : 3 + 3 shape (angled) with the same stripe of padauk and walnut

Pickups : 2 original single coils Rough Crystal (LeFay pickups brand)

Preamp : active only original Aries Solfegio prototype with transistors (with carbon cavity cover)

Controls : volume, blend, bass, mids, treble

Tuners : Gotoh Res-O-Lite 350

Bridges : original Neuser mono rails

Strings spacing at bridge : 18.5 mm

Nut : ebony

Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm

Knobs : black metal knobs

Scale : 34"

Hardware colour : chrome

Truss rod : one (fully working)

Finish : waxed

Land of craftsmanship : Croatia

Serial number : 10902

Year : 01 September 2002

Weight : 4.808 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the C string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with a used semi rigid case from FX Cases.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC who did a frets dressing. It has a new battery and has been fitted with a brand new set of D'Addario EXL165-6 nickel round wound strings (32 - 45 - 65 - 85 -105 - 135).

This bass is, despite its look, totally ergonomic and very well thought. No neck diving.

Link to the new Aries Facebook page where you will see it in bad condition just before I bought it in Croatia : https://www.facebook.com/AriesBassescom/

Link to the Zoot Bass page https://zootbass.com/index.html

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the real almost new condition for an 18 years old bass ! All the photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mS73v7OV9Hts3wxWj6JACKBlZxsK17KG?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

1160348530_AriesBajadera6(1).thumb.jpg.fc7308dcfa01bd6cfa30b10022f1769a.jpg

1940044030_AriesBajadera6(8).thumb.jpg.d010c95b3cfae55c5c9441213ed9be95.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Noll pre-amp

Thanks Russ, but the Noll preamp has been removed and the original Aries Solfegio prototype preamp put back in place. It's a never aggressive preamp and it desserves the bass so much better !