gregouille23

TRADED - ACG Finn 5 fretless with amazing birdseye fingerboard
£1895
Belgium

Posted (edited)

TRADED

Hello,

I am considering parting ways with this stunning piece of art created by AC Guitars. I recently acquired it from @Bass Wielder (thanks again Michael!). I love everything about this bass: it looks and sounds amazing (those humbuckers... yummy), I had never played an instrument so resonant before, it just sings. So why consider selling it? Well I already have a fretless 4 and I realized that I would rather have a fretted 6er than a fretless 5. The fretless 4 is sufficient for my needs and I am quite interested in exploring the (hopefully) wonderful world of 6 string bass. This is why I would not only consider but possibly prefer a trade against a good 6er. I don't mind adding/receiving a small part in cash to compensate any difference in value between this gorgeous ACG and your lovely fretted 6 😉

Ideally I would prefer 6er with narrower string spacing (< 19 mm, 17.5 or below being my preference) and a reasonable weight (4.5 kg/10 lbs or below).

The ACG weighs about 4.5 kg according to my bathroom scale and comes in the Hiscox case you can see on the picture. The bass is in excellent state, no specific dings or scratches as far as I can see. I was built around 2014 if I remember correctly. Here are the specs straight from the ACG website ( http://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0172-finn-r-type-fretless-5/ )

• Scale: 35''
  • Top and Back Wood: Flame Redwood
  • Body Wood: Black Limba
  • Accent Veneer: Black
  • Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Neck Wood: 5 piece Mac Ebony/Ash/Wenge
  • Fingerboard: Acrylic Impregnate Birdseye Maple, 26 fret partial fretlines
  • Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Pickups: 2 x ACG FB humbuckers
  • Hardware details: Hipshot Type A bridge, Gotoh GB 350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Straplocks, DR Sunbeam strings, Luminlay side dots
  • Pre-amp: ACG DFM 5K/AP

Below is also the original posting from @Bass Wielder

I live in Belgium, near Antwerp.

Edited by gregouille23
Bass is traded

That is a very splendid bass indeed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ead said:

That is a very splendid bass indeed.

Thanks mate, it really is an amazing instrument 😉

Posted (edited)

I've a few ACGs including two fretless basses but all 4-string as I have a severe talent deficit at the best of times and, having tried a few times, 5ers are a no-go area for me now.

Edited by ead
  • Haha 2

😂

I fortunately decided a long time ago that the quality of the basses I own did not have to be proportionnal to my musical talent...😅

This ACG Finn is actually tuned EADGC and I have to say that I find it much easier to switch to than a 5er tuned BEADG.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So it seems like there are not a lot of short scale fretless basses around, but if I can find a decent one within my budget limit I sort of ponder on buying one in the near future.
      I'll like it to be max 30" scale length, preferably be a 4 string, and my budget limit would be about 400£, but I'd prefer cheaper, as long as it is still decent (I would suspect a pickup upgrade down the line being necessary anyway in this kind of price class).
      Does such a bass exist?
      All suggestions are welcome.
    • By skb558
      For Sale £1950 shipped
      Lovely Roscoe Century 4 Fretless purchased less than 6 months ago from Bass Direct. Comes with soft case and letter of authenticity.
      Only room for one fretless in the house when two cash sponges have returned home from college without jobs. 
      Three piece Spanish Cedar Body
      Flamed Maple top
      Finish - Amberburst satin
      Three piece Maple neck with contrasting stringers
      Fingerboard - Lined Black Diamondwood (resin, pressure impregnated wood)
      Graphtech nut
      34" Scale
      Bartolini 3-band pre amp with volume, pan, treble/bass stack, mid/mid freq select push/pull (250/800hz)
      Bartolini JJ Pickup in the JB position
      Black ultralight Gotoh tuners
      Black Hipshot B style bridge in Aluminium
      Strings: D'Addario EXL Nickel 45 - 105
      TKL Pro Case (soft)
      Weight: 3.7kg/8lb 1oz

• By roceci
      Fantastic unique Squier VM fretless jazz with upgrades. Refinished in Graffiti Yellow, fitted with replica tort plate and genuine Fender bridge and pickup covers. Body in mint condition apart from a few minor surafce marks to bottom and side edges and one small ding on the rear top contour as shown, otherwise like new. Replaced stock neck with Mexican Fender pau ferro, mint condition and lemon oiled for a lovely finish. Previously fitted with an active preamp and still has side mounted jack if wanted to upgrade. Strung with Picato flats, nice and worn in.
      Prefer local collection (somehow) as out of boxes to send (at buyer's cost). Cheers!

• By hestan
      ******£900 plus postage********   I’m selling my stunning Overwater J-Series 4 str fretless.   SPECS:   34" scale 4.4 kg Controls: Volume, Pickup blend, and 3 way Overwater Tone control (bass thick outer ring, mids top ring, then pull out top ring for top end)   It’s an incredible bass, I had custom built for me by Overwater in 2005, with translucent blue quilted maple finish and ebony fretboard.  It sounds amazing: i've rarely played any fretless that sings like  this one, without the harsh zingy sound of some cheaper brands.   I used the bass on the West End show Stephen Ward cast recording in 2013, as well on the show itself (for 5 months), but otherwise it stayed in the studio.   It does have a few dings from the 5 months I mentioned in the tiny Orchestra pit at the Aldwych (quick bass changeovers) but luckily they’re mainly on the back and sides.  (I've highlighted them in the photos.)  If you're a collector looking for a perfect instrument to hang as a decoration, the dings on the back might put you off but if you're a player looking for an exceptional, singing fretless with incredible tone/playability and a stunning finish, this will blow your mind!   Brand new to build they're about £2750-2800, i’m asking £950 plus postage.   I've included a recording of the bass, a cover of a Nick Drake tune called 'From the morning' Jaco/Joni style, a good example of the DI tone.   I'm also throwing in a soft case from Overwater (missing a small buckle on the top pocket)   J

nick drake fretless demo 2.mp3
    • By Spingere
      My Ibanez GWB 1005 fretless with the original ebanol fingerboard is up for sale, but only because I'm mightily in need of the money. This is a beautiful, hand made (in Japan) instrument which originally cost me £3,500. A new (but B stock) one of these is currently on Reverb for over £4000.
      It's only been gigged twice and has spent the rest of its life in my studio. It comes with an Ibanez Prestige hardcase and all the original parts. It is signed by Gary Willis on the back and has only one tiny ding (a few millimeters across) on the bottom of the lower horn and another tiny one just under the knobs. The volume knob recently developed a crackle but some switch cleaner sorted that out.
      There is a full technical description on the Ibanez web site, the only difference being that this bass has an ebanol fingerboard not an Ebony one (as stated on the site) or Rosewood (which newer versions have). https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/gwb1005_33_04.html
      I can't seem to upload the recent pictures I've taken so I've put them on my Flickr page. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmRzeo9R
      Please contact me if you have any questions.