Why become a member? ×

Joyo Ironman Range

stewblack

I seem to have a thing for Joyo pedals. Lots of different effects have come and gone over the years, but looking at the ones which have stuck, there's a fair proportion of Joyo not going anywhere. 

Most recently I acquired a tiny Orange Juice from the Ironman range and it's great. 

Any Basschatters use any other of these mini pedals? Any you'd recommend? 

I've got a few other Joyo pedals (which are great), but the only Ironman I've tried is the Wow Wah envelope filter. I couldn't seem to dial it in exactly the way I wanted. But when I replaced it with a far more expensive MXR, I couldn't get that to sound right either - so it's entirely possible that both pedals are perfectly fine and I'm the one at fault 😆

Love the form factor though! For pedals that don't need adjusting mid-gig (which for me is most of them), having a lid is a really neat idea.

Edited by MartinB

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

entirely possible that both pedals are perfectly fine and I'm the one at fault

I've had this issue with every envelope / auto wah I've ever tried (to a greater or lesser extent). 

My favourite now is the Future Impact synth pedal. Because you essentially create your own effect from scratch, I can tailor it to suit my playing style strings, pick ups, etc. 

Only problem is stopping once the perfect sound is achieved.The FI offers so many possibilities, in the hands of an addict who has zero conception of the word 'enough', its impossible not to just keep on until my bass sounds like a war in space.