Why become a member? ×

Roland GR-20 synth
£120
York

ped

Hi folks

This GR20 is in great condition (some marks from foam tape on the back) all functioning properly and great fun. I had it set up in a very specific way so you’ll probably want to reset it and start again. Included is the proper PSU and you can find the manual online (I’ll post a link here later). Postage will depend but probably about a tenner max next day. 

Cheers

ped

9E8C2D72-879A-47B1-B93C-0655DCF456BA.jpeg

Just now, GisserD said:

If only you knew how deep a hole im in with buying pedals. You are not helping. im basically in a massive P- hole!

I’ve found the only way out is to keep on diggin’ 😂

• Haha 1

I'm just recently getting into the guitar synth thing/polyphonic pickups etc and you're right, it's mountains of fun. I've ended up with a GR-55. Not exactly what I wanted as I'm not too interested in the PCM side of things but it came with a Godin I bought. I reckon this GR-20 would be a great intro to guitar synthification at this price. Wonder how many other V-Guitar nerds there are on BC?

5 minutes ago, bamboscha said:

I'm just recently getting into the guitar synth thing/polyphonic pickups etc and you're right, it's mountains of fun. I've ended up with a GR-55. Not exactly what I wanted as I'm not too interested in the PCM side of things but it came with a Godin I bought. I reckon this GR-20 would be a great intro to guitar synthification at this price. Wonder how many other V-Guitar nerds there are on BC?

I’ve been using the V-bass (and now the VB99) for twenty years or so. With a GK bass or not they are superb multi fx/preamp/synth/audio interface units!

2 minutes ago, ped said:

I’ve been using the V-bass (and now the VB99) for twenty years or so. With a GK bass or not they are superb multi fx/preamp/synth/audio interface units!

I really fancy a pop at the new Boss SY-1000 as it could cover all my guitar and bass needs in one box, but the only thing I've got left to sell to fund it is my Markbass Multiamp and I'm unsure whether the modelling and FX in the Boss will be as good. Any thoughts? Sorry, I'll stop Hijacking your ad now.

5 minutes ago, bamboscha said:

I really fancy a pop at the new Boss SY-1000 as it could cover all my guitar and bass needs in one box, but the only thing I've got left to sell to fund it is my Markbass Multiamp and I'm unsure whether the modelling and FX in the Boss will be as good. Any thoughts? Sorry, I'll stop Hijacking your ad now.

No worries, I’ve never tried the multiamp but maybe other have used both. The SY1000 and VB99 type units have so many things you can adjust; even their model of their own pedals give many more options for playing with so I don’t doubt you’ll be able to dial in what you want!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry to reply late. Thanks for the offer of info. 

I guess it works well enough with bass, as opposed to guitar? 

Does a built-in pickup (as in the Godin) have any significant advantages over the GK3b? I have a lovely fretless I'd have to sell to buy a Godin... 

Any relevant info would be very welcome, or direction to relevant info... 

Cheers, Sean 

Hi, no worries. Yes it has bass mode and you can do all sorts with it! You can download the manual to have a proper look. I think the Godin uses a piezo saddle system as opposed to the magnetic GK3B - I don’t think there’s a difference really but I’ve never tried a Godin. 

A really good forum to check out for GK stuff is the Vguitar Forum. 

Cheers

ped

• ped locked this topic