Why become a member? ×

Speaker wiring question

Elfrasho

Hi folks!

I'm hoping for assistance on this and I hope what I've given you here makes sense to someone!

the speaker in my Carvin combo has died - can't say thats ever happened to me but it has here. I've tested it with a different speaker and it works. However, when I disconnected the old speaker I didn't think to take note of what cable goes to what terminal. There is a red and white cable which at the other end are connected to the board with this connector thing. I can't see any markings (or, to be more accurate, understand) which might tell me what cable goes onto the + or the - bits on the speaker so I'm at a loss.

Anyone know what way round they go? Thats the best photo I can get because the connectors in an awkward area.

IMG_20200718_154852.jpg

Which Carvin combo?

If that is the output cable, why is there a blue and another white cable, there? Another element, perhaps?

Logic says, that the white is ground, but you can check it with a bass and the amp:

Connect your bass and take a screwdriver. Hit the pickup with the screwdriver and check which way the cone goes first. If outwards, your element is in correct phase. If there are two elements, both have to have similar function.