Why become a member? ×

peavey zodiac bxp- reviews anyone?

cameltoe

I'm in the market for a £200-is pound spare bass, and almost settled myself on a squier vintage modified Jazz. My bandmate today though, gave me a couple of pages from a guitar magazine(not sure which one) where they review the peavey zodiac bxp. The guy reviewing it absolutely loves it, and not only thinks it's great for it's price (£200) but actually great full stop, comparable or better than basses 4 times the price. Anyway, that's the only review I've read of it( bar one guy on harmony central) so wondered if anyone had one and could let me know how good they actually are? In comparison to a squier VMJ would be even better!

I need to see if can find the review online. The guy from the mag couldn't praise it enough. What sold it for me, was him saying he wasn't making any allowances because it's cheap, it really was good full stop. So yeah, looks like that or a Squier VMJ at the moment, although I'm leaning towards the peavey as I already have a Fender. Would like to hear from someone who had one though

Here is some reviews:
[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Peavey/Zodiac+BXP/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...Zodiac+BXP/10/1[/url]

I was gonna buy that one as my first bass but went for Ibanez instead. Supposed to be a great first bass for money.