Why become a member? ×

Any good cheap / free stock video sites?

Newfoundfreedom

Can anyone recommend and good stock video sites? 

I'm just trying to get into recording, and I'd like to try a bit of basic video editing alongside, to knock up some videos to go along with the music. Given the current Covid situation I'm not going to be out and about doing a load of live filming, and it's for my own entertainment rather than anything professional, so the cheaper the better. Preferably free. 

Thanks

1 minute ago, lowdown said:

Pexels (free):

https://www.pexels.com/videos/

Pixabay (free):

https://pixabay.com/videos/

Many thanks. I'll check them out 👍

I should had maybe started in my original post, I'm not lazy or averse to Googling, but every site I was taken to via Google which claimed to be free, eventually hit a paywall. 

• Like 1

for the actual editing I can recommend DaVinci Resolve 16, it's free and by some margin the most intuitive and feature packed one I've tried out of a few. It also includes an actual DAW built in (Fairlight) so you can record in real time over your edited videos, ie add keys or extra vocals to your videos etc..and you can load 3rd party VST plugins as well, remarkable for a free version..

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

for the actual editing I can recommend DaVinci Resolve 16, it's free and by some margin the most intuitive and feature packed one I've tried out of a few. It also includes an actual DAW built in (Fairlight) so you can record in real time over your edited videos, ie add keys or extra vocals to your videos etc..and you can load 3rd party VST plugins as well, remarkable for a free version..

Superb. I'll give it a look. Thanks.