Why become a member? ×

Epiphone EB 0

Pookus

An Epiphone EB 0 arrived today. Cost £140 all in. Now I'm used to playing some pretty decent basses (I have a very nice Ric 4001 and have owned a top end Warwick and a '73 Fender P etc). I'm well impressed! I was after a short scale bass as I'm after a different sound to my Ric. Build quality seems pretty damn good for a budget bass - no nasty suprises and I think it might actually be made of Mahogany like the info says (I took the liberty of removing some bits to make sure - doesn't seem to be any plywood). I've been doing some homework and will modify this bass with two Bartolini pickups and a pre wired loom / pots and preamp (with a blend control) similar to Mike Watt's EB 3. Can't wait...

They're nae too bad. I had one for a while, but in the end it had to go because it just wasn't putting me up or down.

BTW: if you're pimping your one, I have a Hipshot Supertone bridge for sale. Meaty bridge which is so much better than the stock 3 point effort. Shameless plug over :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='432030' date='Mar 11 2009, 11:29 PM']They're nae too bad. I had one for a while, but in the end it had to go because it just wasn't putting me up or down.

BTW: if you're pimping your one, I have a Hipshot Supertone bridge for sale. Meaty bridge which is so much better than the stock 3 point effort. Shameless plug over :)[/quote]

Got a picture? Is it a straight forward swap? How much do you want for it? Thanks. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Pookus' post='432093' date='Mar 12 2009, 06:14 AM']Got a picture? Is it a straight forward swap? How much do you want for it? Thanks. :)[/quote]

All the skinny is here (including pics of it installed on my Epi EB-3 which I returned to stock and sold):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17555"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17555[/url]

I'd be looking for £50 for it - I've spied them for £75 (+VAT if you get caught) on eBay from the States and Hipshot direct want $120 + postage (£87). It'll come with all the accessories (mounting bolts, allen keys).

PM me if you're up for it.

[quote name='Pookus' post='431888' date='Mar 11 2009, 09:43 PM']An Epiphone EB 0 arrived today. Cost £140 all in. Now I'm used to playing some pretty decent basses (I have a very nice Ric 4001 and have owned a top end Warwick and a '73 Fender P etc). I'm well impressed! I was after a short scale bass as I'm after a different sound to my Ric. Build quality seems pretty damn good for a budget bass - no nasty suprises and I think it might actually be made of Mahogany like the info says (I took the liberty of removing some bits to make sure - doesn't seem to be any plywood). I've been doing some homework and will modify this bass with two Bartolini pickups and a pre wired loom / pots and preamp (with a blend control) similar to Mike Watt's EB 3. Can't wait...[/quote]

I'm after one of those. The only disappointing thing is it's a bolt on neck, whereas the long scale Epi Eb3 is set. Still, for 140 notes you can't grumble really. Keep us posted vis-a-vis the Mike W type mods.

[quote name='henry norton' post='432200' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:06 AM']I'm after one of those. The only disappointing thing is it's a bolt on neck, whereas the long scale Epi Eb3 is set. Still, for 140 notes you can't grumble really. Keep us posted vis-a-vis the Mike W type mods.[/quote]

Will do. :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='432163' date='Mar 12 2009, 09:30 AM']All the skinny is here (including pics of it installed on my Epi EB-3 which I returned to stock and sold):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17555"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17555[/url]

I'd be looking for £50 for it - I've spied them for £75 (+VAT if you get caught) on eBay from the States and Hipshot direct want $120 + postage (£87). It'll come with all the accessories (mounting bolts, allen keys).

PM me if you're up for it.[/quote]

PM sent :)

I got a cherry red EB O for Christmas and I'm also very impressed with the build quality.
It plays and sounds great, loud and punchy with power and growl galore.
I've decided to sell it though, because I don't use it enough.
It's in near perfect condition, never been out of the house, hardly played with the original box and packaging.

I'm looking for £100 including UK delivery.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43857&st=0#entry434618"]And here it is.[/url]

Edited by redstriper