Why become a member? ×

Can anyone recommend any songs with good basslines?

Nicholls

Hi

I have just learnt please take me home by blink182 and I have started to play Play for today by the cure. I really like the bass line and I was wondering whether there are any other bands that have songs with nice bass lines,. Preferably not too quick an bass orientated.

Thanks in advance Adam

[quote name='Nicholls' post='428774' date='Mar 8 2009, 06:50 PM']Hi

I have just learnt please take me home by blink182 and I have started to play Play for today by the cure. I really like the bass line and I was wondering whether there are any other bands that have songs with nice bass lines,. Preferably [b][color="#000000"]not too quick an bass orientated[/color][/b].

Thanks in advance Adam[/quote]

try reggae :)

[quote name='Nicholls' post='428774' date='Mar 8 2009, 06:50 PM']Hi
I was wondering whether there are any other bands that have songs with nice bass lines,[/quote]

No, that's it for interesting basslines.

:)

Edited by OldGit

I just learned 'Two Kinds' by Film School.

Really really simple bass line - but its catchy and I was using it to learn to alternate pick (I only ever seem to down stroke fnarr fnarr)

Anyway - there arent any tabs for it but its pretty easy to work out especially if check out the Youtube vid of them doing it live.

Anyhow - have fun (after all thats what its about!)

[quote name='farmer61' post='428883' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:29 PM']easy???? + isn't it downtuned?

My bass tutor tried to teach me this years ago, never got it.[/quote]

kidding arent you? i worked this out by ear, pretty simple bassline. nice though, dont get me wrong. whack it into youtube and watch some guys playing along, sometimes watching an individual play a bassline the way they do does baffle you

I don't think the 'Sweet Child of Mine' bass line is straight forward at all, especially not for a player getting on their feet. It's pretty involved. Having said that, it's probably a good one to learn by ear. If you're into that picked thing, check out some Smiths basslines, Andy Rourke had some pretty great melodic chops.