Why become a member? ×

Do you own the most expensive bass on Basschat

steve-soar

[quote name='Rich' post='439111' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:28 PM']So, at what point does an expensive bass become too expensive to comfortably take to a gig?[/quote]

It Doesn't. I take 2 of my alembics to every gig I play. The more expensive one worked out at around £4500 by the time I got it into the country, the less expensive one nearer £3700. Doesn't stop me hammering the hell out of them.

Edited by jacko

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='445161' date='Mar 25 2009, 05:11 PM']I don't even know why we have this argument between warwick and amlebic, why not just have both!?

:rolleyes:[/quote]

what the... about 20mins after you posted that I got a catalogue from some luthmans guy that has that bass in it. So confused, I dont even recall signing up for it :)

Edited by josh3184

[quote name='Rich' post='439111' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:28 PM']So, at what point does an expensive bass become too expensive to comfortably take to a gig?[/quote]

Standard "safe" answer to everything: [b]When you can't afford to replace it.[/b]

Ideally, the "safe" answer implies that if you've dropped £1k on a bass, you should have £1k (or have it insured to the value of £1.1k, the extra is to cover insurance) to replace it tomorrow if need be.

The real world version means you've got enough cash to buy a beater that will do the job in the first's place should something go nips north.

I have a very similar view on buying items of worth, means less stress if something goes wrong.

Edited by Buzz