Why become a member? ×

The Affluence of Incohol

Deep Thought

[quote name='TheRev' post='46754' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:35 AM']Don't you own a pub?? A teetotal publican is a bit like being an aethist vicar...... :)[/quote]
Vegetarian in a slaughterhouse was the favourite!
Used to own my own bar - the worst job imaginable. I got out just a couple of weeks ago. Now I'll have my evenings and weekends back will actually be able to gig occasionally, and I'll get paid and get holidays now I'll have a proper job.
Running a small business for most people means working all hours for way under minimum wage - and when you are reliant on a bunch of drunks for what little money you do make - no don't get me started.

I just have one pint of Lager, normally before we start, and then a pint of Shandy up on stage with me for if I get a bit parched. Only ever played once when Pi**ed and it was not good and that was about 15 years ago, since then I decided never again.
Last band I played in 3 out of 6 band members were drinking to much on a regular basis and forgetting lyrics and screwing up their playing as well etc.