Why become a member? ×

svt 2 valve protection

Ant

the back of my SVT II (non pro) is open and you can see/touch the valves, im going on tour in march and i was just wondering if there were any ways i can stop any accidents smashing all my valves, i cant afford a flightcase; so im thinking of some sort of home-brewed idea.

[quote name='Ant' post='424695' date='Mar 4 2009, 12:49 AM']the back of my SVT II (non pro) is open and you can see/touch the valves, im going on tour in march and i was just wondering if there were any ways i can stop any accidents smashing all my valves, i cant afford a flightcase; so im thinking of some sort of home-brewed idea.[/quote]

I can,t really suggest anything other than getting a rack case for it but keep away from moulded plastic cases such as SKB with handles in the sides as they can block the air passage to the fan air inlet.
You really have an expensive and quality piece of kit there and the right case will keep it delivering the goods without hitch.
I run a pair of svt2pros in the same case and they,ve been gunned insome of the hottest , sweatiest clubs I know and good ventilation keeps them happy.

That's a heavy amp so you need a good case for touring. I had an SKB for my Mesa Boogie 400+ and, as Wizbat says, I had to cut out the middle part of the handle recess to allow the fan to work.
You could use a 4U rack case to carry the amp, screwed in so it doesn't move in transit, and then take it out of the case when you play.

[quote name='Ant' post='424695' date='Mar 4 2009, 12:49 AM']the back of my SVT II (non pro) is open and you can see/touch the valves, im going on tour in march and i was just wondering if there were any ways i can stop any accidents smashing all my valves, i cant afford a flightcase; so im thinking of some sort of home-brewed idea.[/quote]
your a braver man than me mate..when i bought my svt3 iwas gagging to gig it but it didnt go out of the house until in was in a top notch made to measure flightcase. and as soon as a gig ends no f*cker goes anywhere near it til its cooled down and safely back in its box.

Think of it this way; it's cheaper to spend £100 on a good flightcase than it is to have the valves replaced and the amp fixed...

A good 4U flightcase here for £80 - [url="http://www.avbits.com/acatalog/4U_Standard_series_flight_case.html"]http://www.avbits.com/acatalog/4U_Standard...light_case.html[/url]