Why become a member? ×

Nbd ibanez sr756

fiatcoupe432

Hi all,

After a long search for a "cheap" 6 string bass I came across the ibanez sr756 and decided to go for it

I have paid £525 for the bass as its literally new! The previous owner is a  composer and a guitar player but purchased  the bass to see how he would get on, played once and put it back in the case

just took the plastic cover off the control cavity cover and battery compartment

battery expired 2017 still work and everything is immaculate

First impression?

I'm very impressed I was going to buy the 1206 premium but I know don't regret it  and certainly saved me some dosh.the bass is very well constructed with some nice woods and  very flexible  soundwise

Love the pj configuration on a 6 string.

everyone knows ibanez necks,....

The flat neck it's very comfortable and 16.5 mm string spacing means articulate and fast playing its effortless

inly minus is the strange position of the cavity cover which is kind of angled and looked like they took Ed mushrooms before operating the cnc

and also the battery compartment is the center of the bass, again strange pisition

For the rest I'm an happy chap

here couple of 0hotos

IMG_20200506_210216.jpg

IMG_20200506_210223.jpg

IMG_20200506_210251.jpg

IMG_20200506_210255.jpg

• Like 1

Forgot to add that I know finally realised that you don't need to spend a crazy amount of money for a bass

this cost me 525 and to be honest is better then 70 % of the basses I have owned

only my old 6 Roscoe  and the yammy trb6p and my adamovic were better then this the rest I wouldn't have paid more money if I had a chance to try and compare it to this

58 minutes ago, Jellyfish said:

That's gorgeous - what's the body made from?

Thank you

here the specs

• SR6 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck.
  • Bubinga top/Mahogany body.
  • Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay.
  • Medium frets.
  • Accu-cast B306 bridge.
  • Nordstrand CND P/J pickups.
  • Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eqw/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
  • Black matte hardware.

Honestly, Unbelivable bass for the money

I think the battery compartment is in the middle of Soundgears because the edges are tapered and the neck is the thickest part of the body.

I do love the way they look, I just wish their necks were thicker, my poor hand cramps on one after a couple of minutes 😕

Edited by therealting
  • Like 1