Why become a member? ×

Burns Bison Basses

captainhaddock

Er... Not a [i]real[/i] one. Only a Korean one. I liked it. It was thrown in "on spec" as a stalking horse when trying to purchase a Fender Jazz some years ago at the (Wapping) Bass Centre.

I got through about 25 Jazzes, and didn't really like any. The Burns was better than most in terms of sound. Feel was different, due to the painted neck.
I didn't like the aesthetic of the one I played; White and Gold Hardware (yuck.) Would've preferred a Black/Silver item- I might've bought one, then!

Good variety of sounds from 3 pick-ups. Even the "Wild Dog" setting is useable!

Edit- I am an Aries. Does that make my opinion valid in an ovine sense?? :)

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='3384' date='May 21 2007, 10:14 AM']Er... Not a [i]real[/i] one. Only a Korean one. I liked it. It was thrown in "on spec" as a stalking horse when trying to purchase a Fender Jazz some years ago at the (Wapping) Bass Centre.

I got through about 25 Jazzes, and didn't really like any. The Burns was better than most in terms of sound. Feel was different, due to the painted neck.
I didn't like the aesthetic of the one I played; White and Gold Hardware (yuck.) Would've preferred a Black/Silver item- I might've bought one, then!

Good variety of sounds from 3 pick-ups. Even the "Wild Dog" setting is useable!
Edit- I am an Aries. Does that make my opinion valid in an ovine sense?? :)[/quote]

• 4 years later...