Why become a member? ×

Wireless rigs

Graham Milton

1 minute ago, rushbo said:

I'm delighted with my Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard wireless set-up. It's not the most high-profile of wireless units, but it's the best one I've ever used. I started off with the Line 6 G30 which gave me six months of good service before it started to drop out pretty frequently. I had a SmoothHound which worked really well and I gigged it regularly for 2-3 years before I swapped it for the Sennheiser rig - mainly because the receiver doubles as a tuner and I wanted to keep my pedalboard as small and simple as possible.  It's been rock-solid reliable. It's not the cheapest (Andertons have it for £299) but it's really well made and so far, it's been brilliant.

Think that was my other choice but went for the Shure because our band has experience with Shure wireless systems and we've found them extremely reliable. Our female singer has opted for the sennheiser wireless mic system altho its the amp top receiver version.

Dave

• Like 1

Shure arrived today so had a brief play.

looks and feels sturdy.  Receiver pedal dead easy to add to my pedalboard.  The sync with the transmitter pack was instand and really simple.

playing at home it sounds great.  No latency, sounds the same as a cable.

I have a gig on sat so will try it out in anger then

• Like 2

First proper use and it was great.  Gig was at a festival so bigger stage and proper sound set up.  If I’m honest with all the noise, using the provided amp, not the best monitoring, and me wearing earplugs it was a bit hard to tell how everything sounded but it was solid, sounded fine, and I enjoyed the freedom to not trip over cables.

Edited by Steve_nottm
  • Like 1