Why become a member? ×

Cort Curbow in Mystic Ice Crazer finish - SOLD STTU

HarryPotter

Up for grabs is my last 'long scale' bass - I've now switched to shorties as long scales get uncomfy for me after an hour or so of playing.

It's in as new condition, the finish is a nice one (they vary a lot), the neck is very skinny and very fast. If you didnt know it has a 3 band active EQ and Bartolini (MK1) electrics (with a switchable, adjustable, slap circuit) - a very versatile sounding base.

It is also very, very light in weight and balances wonderfully when worn standing.

It's about 16 months old and it has been fitted with elixir strings (I think - they are certainly unmarked after over a year of owning on the base).

I also treated it to a pro set up when I bought it - frets levelled, action and intonation adjusted etc. so it plays very well, I have the action set a little higher than most as I am a very heavy handed player.

It's still in the original box having been played carefully (church services mostly and a few 'proper' gigs) and looked after accordingly.

Add this lot up and it aint cheap.

I really need to sell it so I can get a decent quality shorty.

Hence I'm giving it away at £200 posted (via insured RM post - if you'd prefer another method then we would need to come to an arrangement).

Here's a review [url="http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/reviews/electric-guitar-reviews/cort-curbow-4.htm"]http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/reviews/e...rt-curbow-4.htm[/url]

Edited by HarryPotter

[quote name='Rowbee' post='412422' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:47 PM']That's a really nice finish - good luck with the sale.

You should throw in the Spiderman bedspread too. ;)[/quote]

Cheers mate, as to the bedspread, well it's the lads blanket and I like my nuts just fine where they are thank you :P

[quote name='HarryPotter' post='412425' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:49 PM']Cheers mate, as to the bedspread, well it's the lads blanket and I like my nuts just fine where they are thank you :)[/quote]

;) I was gonna ask how much you'd throw the spidey blanket in for too!

Epic paintjob mate, I've always thought these basses were underrated...every one I've played's been a dream! Good luck :P

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='412430' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:53 PM'];) I was gonna ask how much you'd throw the spidey blanket in for too!

Epic paintjob mate, I've always thought these basses were underrated...every one I've played's been a dream! Good luck :P[/quote]

Cheers bud, it's a great bass, the thing a lot of people don't realise about the finish is that it's not a paintjob, it is the body material, that finish goes all the way through to the other side.

And it is a very nice example - some of the ones I've seen are an, erm, acquired taste.

[quote name='Eight' post='412709' date='Feb 18 2009, 08:44 AM']Oh I like that.

Its even tempting me away from the Schecter I've been gassing for all month.

What colour is it? The photos on the Cort site make it look a little greyer than the photos here?[/quote]

It's basically a deep gloss black with big silvery 'flakes' in it - I think the white balance is off in the photo.

It is a fantastic, underrated bass.

I gigged and recorded for a few years with one of these when they were made under the Tanglewood brand. They are amazing instruments which punch well above their price. Look and sound great, but don't expect to be able to play it for very long seated ;)

Good luck with the sale, someone will get a cracking bass for a bargain here.

Has Dabootsy snapped this one up?

If not, I'm in. My new bass plans have been foiled and this looks like the kind of bass I could go for - especially at that kind of price. Assuming the string action is easily lowered again (small, girly hands ;))

[quote name='Eight' post='413165' date='Feb 18 2009, 03:40 PM']Has Dabootsy snapped this one up?

If not, I'm in. My new bass plans have been foiled and this looks like the kind of bass I could go for - especially at that kind of price. Assuming the string action is easily lowered again (small, girly hands ;))[/quote]

Dabootsy aint snapped it up yet bud.

It's a well made bass so adjustments are not a problem - it will go lower - I raised it when I got it..

If you deffo wanna go for it then let me know.

Cheers.

Cool. As long as I'm not stepping on his toes.

[quote name='HarryPotter' post='413188' date='Feb 18 2009, 03:56 PM']If you deffo wanna go for it then let me know.[/quote]
I do. I've thought it through and decided yep, I have a home for that bass.

Will PM you to work on closing the deal.