Why become a member? ×

SWR HENRY 8x8 Cab...Any Good?

hrl_damo

Hi everyone,

I aint posted on ehre for a while, had issues with the internet etc.

Right here is my dillema...

I currently have an Ashdown ABM EVO II 575watt head with a 1x15 Ashdown MAG Deep Cab and 4x10 Ashdown MAG Deep. Cab.

I have had the cabs for about 5 years now and thye are starting to get a bit run down due to lots of use and gigging. One of the 10" speakers is making a fuzzing sound when ever I play through it. Very annoying!

So I have decided it is time for some new cabs or cab ;)

I have been reading up about the SWR Henry 8x8 Cab, I heard this has a real punch to it. Apparently the 8 8" Speakers prouduce a huge sound with the right amp...

Does anyone have one or played through one. Really wanna know what they are like and they dont seem to sell them at any local music shops.

I've just sold one -had it on here at £275 with a flight case,so went cheap IMHO! 480 watts @4 ohms I think.
Flippin ace cab - just think SVT but a tad more manageable/affordable. Not too bad to shift but worth the struggle for the sound.
Ran mine with a GK 700RB11 and also an SVT3 Pro - both sounded full/round/articulate etc etc and LOUD!
These things shift some air!
For an old school cab these are the business, and in my view will beat your Ashdown cabs hands down.

Only sold it due to an arm injury,which means having to downsize etc. Would have kept it otherwise.

Could just about manage it into the back of my Astra estate unaided, but a doddle with two people . Just
like the SVT,lean it back and trundle! Well worth it for the sound.

As for blowing speakers,my GK gives out 480 watts into the 4 ohm cab and never any probs,even in large venues.
The SM400 amp mentioned above does have a massive frequency response (10hz to 40khz) and subsequently used at high volumes
would maybe take out some speakers of a lot of cabs???