Why become a member? ×

Fin.

Protium

[quote name='Prosebass' post='406910' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:19 PM']That is uber nice
Can you not get Beedster interested in it ?

Did you finish the body yourself ? and if you did what was used ?

Paul[/quote]

Cheers, me and my dad did the finish with polyurethane based sprays - black primer, satin black, and clear satin finish. I forget the number of coats but it was a fair few ;)

[quote name='Prosebass' post='408186' date='Feb 13 2009, 12:51 AM']I am amazed that this has not been snapped up. It has a better spec than a US built P and is the price of a Squier !!!!!
Plus it has had the care and attention that only a hand-built bass can have....

bump......[/quote]

It's that funny MM Sub matt body finish I think ....

[quote name='mrcrow' post='416296' date='Feb 21 2009, 06:37 PM']bumo!!

what is the significance of the 0.1 cap..instead of the usual 0.047[/quote]

0.1 rolls off more treble with the tone control.
It would be very easy to change it to .047 by removing one of the capacitors ;)

Dear Mr Protium

Being completely impervious to GAS attacks I have absolutely no interest in your bass at all. None whatsoever. At all. Not even remotely. Uh uh. Not me. No way.

However, purely in the name of curiosity, is that spangly scratch plate a bog standard sized P bass one that I could change quickly and easily for a plain black variety, should I so wish?

hiya,
lovely bass but its the neck I'm interested in... how did you find the process of swappng the neck - easy? good fit? -and whats your verdict on mighty mite?
Also, if you're interested I'd take the neck and tuners if you wanted to split it up.
Cheers, doug.

[quote name='Protium' post='421893' date='Feb 28 2009, 07:20 PM']Gone, parts now available:

Body with strap buttons and neck plate (+ neck screws)
Scratchplate with electronics (+ screws)
Bridge (+ screws)
Set of Schaller strap locks

Offers...[/quote]

What a f**king shame.....
The bit I really don't get is people will post thread after thread about [quote]which Squier should I buy,[/quote]
Or rave about a new bass that looks like a kindergarten toy, even the guy who endorses it doesn't look like hes enjoying playing it ! (you know the one) that probably cost £100.00 to make and the fools are going to pay £399.00 for one when its available.
Don't get it ? but then I hate Mcdonalds, Disney and Coca Cola....must be me... :)
Sorry you couldn't sell it mate , I have the same problem at the moment....