Why become a member? ×

What's a reasonable price

alanbass1

A few years back a friend of mine purchased a new Japanese made Jaco style fretless Jazz bass, the one with the metal knobs, no scratchplate/screw holes and American PUPs. It is a real nice bass in immaculate (show room) condition as he just never used it - deciding to plump for a fretted bass to learn on! I came across it again in a recent visit and he offered to sell it to me. He said he remembers getting it for around the £600 mark but can't find the receipt (although he has the hang tags) and asked me to pay him a little lower than the going rate......whatever that is.

So, can anyone help with what the going rate might be?

[quote name='pete.young' post='405789' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:56 PM']Far East Guitars occasionally have these in. For non-export models with US pickups, depending on condition they seem to be advertised around the £450 - £500 mark.[/quote]
Not any more: [url="http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedbasses.htm"]http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedbasses.htm[/url]
Wowzer... hyperinflation!

[quote name='pete.young' post='405789' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:56 PM']Far East Guitars occasionally have these in. For non-export models with US pickups, depending on condition they seem to be advertised around the £450 - £500 mark.[/quote]

Yeah but that blokes well pricey,he takes his cut as well.