Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Schecter Monster Tone P pick up
£100
Scotland

Schecter USA Monster Tone '78 MA reissue as found in the Michael Anthony custom model bass. I believe you can only buy these as a matched pair (it's a PJ set for nearly $290). This is kinda like the original 1/4lb'er with large diameter pole pieces, high out put and voiced to be more present in the lows and mids with a slight reduction in treble. The 1/4lb'er has a more scooped voicing and I personally prefer the MA 78 as its a bit more balanced in terms of the lows and mids but I don't like a scooped bass tone. For the full blurb and more pic's click on the link:

• Spacing: Bridge 57mm Universal Spacing / Neck Traditional Offset Spacing
  • Wiring/Design: 2 Conductor Teflon Coated Wire Harness
  • Baseplate: Engraved Brass Baseplate
  • Pole Pieces: 8 @ .25" nickel plated carbon steel
  • Magnet: Ceramic 8
  • Output at full power: Neck 12.6k ohms

https://www.schecterguitars.com/pickups/bass-pickups/michael-anthony-78-signature/michael-anthony-78-signature-bass-pickups-detail

I had this in my p bass and it has heaps of output. It can really drive the front end of an amp and I can see why MA uses these into a valve rig! Most of my gigging required a more subtle approach so I've gone back to a more vintage voiced pick up. The 78 MA worked really well in a three piece with heavy guitar (sits nicely with heavier, scooped guitar tones due to the nice solid lows and mids) and provides an upfront, strident tone. Ultimately the vintage voicing works better for me and my current gigs hence the sale.

What do you get?

The pick up comes boxed with a high quality, pre-wired, solder-less harness which features two CTS 250k pots, .068 orange drop cap and a Neutrik jack. The work on the harness is immaculate. The pick ups are fitted to a brass base plate and are exact recreations of the original '78 Monster tone pick up. There's some fancy engraving on the base plate too which is a nice touch and further evidence of Schecter's attention to detail. The Schecter Custom Shop know how to do it right and deserve their reputation! Ou

The pick up does not come with any covers  - I ditched the fixing screws as they were a bit longer than the ones I was already using, I just used my existing screws and coves.

**Note I measured the output at 12.5k ohms**

Edited by krispn
Update to the measured output of the pick up
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic