Why become a member? ×

Gig bag heads up

niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='404583' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:01 PM']Just a quick heads up if anyone's looking for an excellent bag for not a lot of money - had mine for two weeks now and I love it.

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Body-Glove-Hybrid-Bass~ID~9790.asp"]Looky here[/url][/quote]

Funny you should say that, I nearly bought one of those last night.

EDIT: Do you have any experience of them?

Edited by benwhiteuk

I've had one of those for about a year now - excellent gig bag, you won't be disappointed. Thats a very good price too. Suppose if I wanted to be picky, I say the handle feels like it should be slightly further forward, to balance better when carrying it.

Or maybe I just carry basses that suffer from neck dive!

[quote name='Platypus' post='404698' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:44 PM']I've had one of those for about a year now - excellent gig bag, you won't be disappointed. Thats a very good price too. Suppose if I wanted to be picky, I say the handle feels like it should be slightly further forward, to balance better when carrying it.

Or maybe I just carry basses that suffer from neck dive![/quote]
Sold
[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='404746' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:35 PM']I'm seriously thinking of buying another one and ditching my Hiscox hardcase :P Na - that's silly innit, but having trawled around all the NW shops looking for a bag I saw nothing as good as this for twice the price.[/quote]

...and sold!

If it's crap then I'm gonna be 'avin' words fellas ;)

Mine turned up today – very happy with it ;). Feels really solid and is sooooooo padded on the inside. It weighs a bit more than I expected but I don’t mind this at all cos I know my basses will be snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug inside this seemingly bombproof gig bag.

Al and Paul – what am I meant to do with the wallet thing that comes in the front pocket? Tool bag? Cable bag? Makeup bag :P? What do you guys use it for, or do you use it at all?

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='407544' date='Feb 12 2009, 01:03 PM']Mine turned up today – very happy with it :P. Feels really solid and is sooooooo padded on the inside. It weighs a bit more than I expected but I don’t mind this at all cos I know my basses will be snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug inside this seemingly bombproof gig bag.

Al and Paul – what am I meant to do with the wallet thing that comes in the front pocket? Tool bag? Cable bag? Makeup bag :)? What do you guys use it for, or do you use it at all?[/quote]

Don’t know Ben, I didn’t get one with mine. Being that it’s made by Bodygloove, it might be a wet bag for your mankini ;)

[quote name='Platypus' post='407581' date='Feb 12 2009, 01:44 PM']Don’t know Ben, I didn’t get one with mine. Being that it’s made by Bodygloove, it might be a wet bag for your mankini ;)[/quote]

Ah yes, I should’ve worked that one out by process of elimination :P

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance one of you guys could take and post or email me a pic of the back. specifically how the strap (assuming there is one) attaches.
Im looking for a new gig bag but dont like them sitting too high above my head if you know what i mean.

Cheers for any input. might order one next week.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='415822' date='Feb 20 2009, 09:55 PM']Any chance one of you guys could take and post or email me a pic of the back. specifically how the strap (assuming there is one) attaches.
Im looking for a new gig bag but dont like them sitting too high above my head if you know what i mean.

Cheers for any input. might order one next week.[/quote]

It does sit pretty high to be honest, but it’s better to be higher than lower IME/IMO. It’s a small price to pay (quite literally) for a quality gig bag.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='415841' date='Feb 20 2009, 10:36 PM']It does sit pretty high to be honest, but it’s better to be higher than lower IME/IMO. It’s a small price to pay (quite literally) for a quality gig bag.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.
Actually i like it hanging low. At the moment I'm using a Ernie Ball bag and that sits lower than my head. I travel on the tubes and busses a lot and also carry a suit bag so i don't really want to have to take it off each time.

when you say it sits high is this with the backpack straps or is there also a shoulder strap?

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='415873' date='Feb 20 2009, 11:27 PM']Thanks for the reply.
Actually i like it hanging low. At the moment I'm using a Ernie Ball bag and that sits lower than my head. I travel on the tubes and busses a lot and also carry a suit bag so i don't really want to have to take it off each time.

when you say it sits high is this with the backpack straps or is there also a shoulder strap?[/quote]

It sits pretty high with the backpack straps but the separate shoulder strap works really well – you can attach it in 2 different places, but to be honest I wouldn’t want to walk around with it on my shoulder for too long as it’s pretty heavy when you’ve got a bass in it. The bag is so well padded and because of this it weighs as about as much as a hardcase.

It definitely sits too high for the Jubilee/Victoria style trains, but it’s probably alright for bigger District/Circle type trains, if that makes any sense.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='416010' date='Feb 21 2009, 10:29 AM']It sits pretty high with the backpack straps but the separate shoulder strap works really well – you can attach it in 2 different places, but to be honest I wouldn’t want to walk around with it on my shoulder for too long as it’s pretty heavy when you’ve got a bass in it. The bag is so well padded and because of this it weighs as about as much as a hardcase.

It definitely sits too high for the Jubilee/Victoria style trains, but it’s probably alright for bigger District/Circle type trains, if that makes any sense.[/quote]

Cheers.
Yeah, that makes sense. Its not that i wont take it off as i get on and off the trains, i just would prefer to duck down a bit sometimes if I'm carrying other things.
I have a double Fender gig bag that weighs a ton as well (with two basses in of course) so I'm not adverse to having a heavy bag on my shoulder.