Pow_22

Ashdown 330 spyder head - **SOLD**
£150
Bolton

Me and this head have a bit of history.  Bought originally in around 2012 I later sold it to a fellow BCer....fast forward to 2020 and I bought it back from said BCer!  These are my go to head when i'm either sharing backline or playing a venue unsuitable for my valve head.  They are easily my favourite non valve amp but we are again lucky enough to have our own rehearsal space and currently gigs that allow my trusted old Peavey valve head

It comes loaded with a Ruby 12AX7 HG5 in V1 and a JJ ECC83 in V2.  I generally crank the gain on these and adjust volume to taste getting a nice gritty driven tone with either my flats loaded P bass or Burns Bison.  Currently runs through an Ashdown 1510HX that is also for sale (will do the whole rig for £250 collected!).  Usual Ashdown quality back up with excellent after care.

Plenty online about these valve pre-amp/hybrid heads and I will follow up with pictures at tonights rehearsal.

Collection would be from Bolton but could arrange meet up if needed.

Edited by Pow_22

Would trade/part ex for a decent 4ohm bass cab (ideally a 410 but 115 or something may do) something like a peavey 410TVX or an Ampeg b410 hlf, has to be 4ohm tho

Sorted a 4ohm Peavey 4x10 now so no trades im afraid

Edited by Pow_22

If I wasn't already drowning in amps Id have your hand off, this is a bargain!  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Quilly said:

If I wasn't already drowning in amps Id have your hand off, this is a bargain!  

Cheers Quilly, they are great amps.  Stick this with an Ashdown 4x10 (I really like the old original shelf ported rat fur MAG series) and you'll have an excellent rig for not much coinage.  Even better stick it with the Ashdown CL-610 advertised on here and that's a serious rig!

2 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

Cheers Quilly, they are great amps.  Stick this with an Ashdown 4x10 (I really like the old original shelf ported rat fur MAG series) and you'll have an excellent rig for not much coinage.  Even better stick it with the Ashdown CL-610 advertised on here and that's a serious rig!

I picked up the Spyder 550 there a few months ago so I’m good for spyders for the time being 😅

• Like 1

It did im afraid. Apologies for not updating the ad, will do it now

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sbrag
      Dave Hall VT1 EQ  Bass Drive preamp pedal with XLR output for sale.
       This dates from 2009 and I believe is hand build by Dave Hall in Devon. It is in excellent condition and has a 12AX7 (I believe) valve which give a nice warm tone or a good bit of growl if you push the gain and boost. I bought it as the DI on my old amp was rubbish but have now changed amps and it isn't being used.
      Cash on collection preferred from Downend in Bristol and you are more than welcome to try it out but I will post in the UK at buyers cost and risk.
      Any questions please let me know.

• By leftybassman392
      Up for sale here is my Cornford Hurricane. Made on 21/06/2004. Bought from it's original owner in 2008. AFAIK he never gigged it, and only gigged by me a couple of times (and not at all for 9 years). As a result, it's in spanking good condition; and just to be sure, has had a recent service and revalve. The original valves are visible in one of the photos, and can be included if the buyer wishes.
      Forum regulars will know my reasons for selling this, but it's all explained in this thread
      The amp is complete and original, and comes with a proprietary soft dust cover.
      For what I hope are obvious reasons post or courier is not realistic. An exchange at my house, the buyer's house or somewhere in between is thus the solution of choice. I'm happy to transport it as necessary, and given the asking price this will be done free of charge within 50 miles or so of Birmingham. Beyond that, I'll need to charge a small transit fee (which will be nominal as a way of helping me offset my transit costs).
      I'm open to reasonable ballpark offers.
      Payment would need to be CoC or bank transfer. Sorry, but this isn't negotiable.
      This amp is being advertised elsewhere.
      As always, I'll be happy to answer sensible questions here or by PM. My feedback is here
      Photos:

• By Thurbs
      Rebellious, uncompromising and cool as f***, James Dean and the car he nicknamed the Little Bastard are the inspiration for this iconic, all-tube mini bass amp head. Rated at 30-Watts, the Little Bastard won't rip your head off, but its EL84-equipped power section is more than capable enough for small gigs. And, of course, it won't put your back out on the way. The Little Bastard preamp stage employs ECC83 and ECC82 tubes and features High and Low gain inputs, front panel-mounted Effects Send and Return, rotary Bass, Middle and Treble controls with Mid Shift, Bass Shift and Bright switching, Mute switch, rotary Volume control and balanced DI output. The Little Bastard head partners perfectly with a range of Ashdown LB cabinets.
      https://ashdownmusic.com/products/little-bastard
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eOPVi2Vvk
      https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/ashdown-little-bastard-lb-30h-head-284608
      Power Output 30W Power Handling 30Hz - 16kHz Speaker Outputs 2 x Jack sockets High Instrument Input 450mV Low Instrument Input 150mV DI Output Line Level 1k Output Impedance Minimum Impedance 4 Ohm EQ Passive Bass, Middle and Treble Effects Send Valve driven Instrument level Effects Return  Valve Recovered Pre-amp Tubes 1 x ECC83 1 x ECC82 Output Tubes 4 x EL84 H x W x D (mm) 218 x 407 x 260 Weight (kg) 11 Comes complete with robust flight case.
      Still have origional box.
      Marks as pictured.
      Fully working order.
      Sold as seen.
      Deal with matching LB-112 Cab: £650
      Deal with matching LB-212 Cab: £700
      Deal with matching LB112 & LB-212 Cab: £850

• By Thurbs
      For those wishing to configure their own rack-mounting bass rigs, the Ashdown RPM-1 EVO II preamp puts all the ABM facilities in a convenient rack-mounting package. Three straightforward rotary tone controls provide 20dB of cut and boost at 60Hz, 660Hz and 5kHz, and are supplemented by two pairs of additional sliders giving 15dB cut and boost at 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3kHz and 2.6kHz. The EQ can be switched in/out, and flat/shaped by footswitch, enabling players to go from a flat fretless sound to a boosted sound via a favourite EQ setting. A single input is switchable for passive and active instruments with a blend of solid state and dual triode tube preamps stages which can be preset and selected by footswitch, providing access to a massive range of clean, warm and overdriven tones. Also footswitchable is the mighty Ashdown sub-harmonic generator which precisely tracks the main signal and reproduces it an octave lower.
      https://ashdownmusic.com/products/abm-rpm-1-evo-ii
      Was damaged by courior when I bought it. See pictures.
      Fully functionaly but does have a slight hum. It is not noticable when playing.
      Sold as seen. 

• By Beer of the Bass
      70s Dynacord Eminent II amplifier.  This is a valve powered amplifier originally intended for PA use, using a pair of EL34 run at high voltages for a rated output of 80 watts.  In stock form the amp had a four channel transistor preamp, and was built to be very clean and linear sounding.  The perspex front panel has green lights behind it, so it's quite stylish in a kitschy way!  
      I have modified the amp by removing two of the transistor preamp channels and building a preamp based on a late 60s Ampeg B15n using a 6sl7 valve.  This is the four black controls on the right of the front panel.  I used a high voltage FET stage to match the output and impedance requirements of the 6sl7 preamp to the power amp section of the Dynacord, but the signal path for this bypasses all of the original transistor preamp circuitry.  I have also rebuilt the power amp with new filter capacitors and a new pair of JJ E34L valves, and set the bias to suit them.  The two original input channels and their master volume and EQ are still functional too. 
      With the Ampeg style preamp, it provides a very pleasing classic bass sound, and would be a good addition to a retro-minded studio or for moderate volume live use.  It doesn't provide heavily overdriven sounds, but with the preamp gain turned up it does a great subtle breakup that thickens up the sound nicely, and it also has a nice range of clean bass tones.  It's quiet in terms of background noise too.  
      It's relatively compact for a valve head, and comes with a well used but useful ABS flight case to carry it in.  It has impedance selectors on the back panel to run 4, 8 or 16 ohm cabs.  
      I realise this has been around for a while - I've found a suitable box to pack it in, including the plastic case pictured.  So it's now £180 including postage via Parcelforce 48.