Why become a member? ×

steinberger trussrod issue

stubarura

hey guys, i was sent to this fine forum by one of your members in the hope that someone may be able to shed some light on what has happened to my beloved spirit steiny, to save all the hassle of trying stuff thats already been suggested can i just point you to a forum that i already posted this help topic in:
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512818"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512818[/url]
basically whats happened is the truss rod seems to be clattering around all over the place causing awful acoustic and amped vibrations and noises yet still adjusts the neck relief ok.... any suggestions would be great

looking at the range of comments made in that thread i don't understand why you haven't asked a tech to look at it. ;) Seems the problem isn't easy to isolate and you haven't had any success with any of the previous suggestions either.

Hey, stubaruba, I know how to fix your problem without spending any money at all! You need to take your instrument apart, put it in the freezer for three days, then leave it under a blanket for 42 minutes. Turn off all the lights, reassemble it in the dark, and then it will be working fine again!

No, not really. Take it to a tech.

S.P.

I think everyone and their dog(or cat) would tell you to
take it to a repair person. I don't know where you are based.
Have you tried a google search of somewhere not too far away? (ie trainride 1 saturday or something)

One thing that is a common problem for all steiney's is the tuning system .
I know it may seem crazy, but have you checked the condition of all of the
saddles etc?