Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PRS IV for The Burpster

High score

[quote name='juice' post='402712' date='Feb 7 2009, 11:37 AM']that makes me wish I had never sold my black eg4 when I moved to bass.. nice collection tho my friend ;)

I have been told they did an EG4 in seafoam green as standard so I might have to keep an eye out for one to match my custom bass.

juice[/quote]

Thanks. I've got several guys looking for EG's in the States for me, so I'll let you know if I find one that you might be interested in.

Cheers.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='402843' date='Feb 7 2009, 03:05 PM']You certainly are into those EGs...... ;) (and no I havnet tried an earlier set neck bass)[/quote]
Well we'll have to fix that then at the next bash.

[quote]Just out of interest have you played a 513, and how does it compare to the EG II with the h/s/h set up that you have[/quote]

I did try a 513 for a month or two, and to be honest - it didn't do it for me. VERY versatile guitar and a good tone for the most part, but it was a jack of all trades thing. It didn't really excel at anything other than being a fantastically versatile guitar. If you could only own one guitar to gig with, that would be as good as any on the planet. I'm sure it's way superior than the HSH configuration on my EG, but then my EG doesn't look like that anymore, it looks like this (picture just taken for you, hence the snow!):

They're Wizard Tweedtones and it's made it the best EG I've got, and probably the best Strat I've ever played/owned.

[quote name='Dodge' post='402860' date='Feb 7 2009, 03:39 PM']They're Wizard Tweedtones and it's made it the best EG I've got, and probably the best Strat I've ever played/owned.[/quote]

Oh bugger, now you've done it.... I'll have to forward this to Neale whoa has always been looking for that 'utlimate strat' sound.... I'll put money on him not knowing about these.... ;)

BTW its very cute....

[quote name='The Burpster' post='409978' date='Feb 15 2009, 11:38 AM']The 4 foursome..... or is that IVx4 ....... or 4 pics of my four IV's

Whatever....

My 4 boys all together. The black one has its neck booked in with HG Thor to be defretted and epoxied at some point in the future, at which time it will get 'blackened' hardware.. [i]Yummy![/i][/quote]

those 4 are looking good Bob

I'd be tempted to get sims led's fitted to the black one when you get it de-fretted - they could switch on with the active circuit, I keep thinking about this as a mod for my bass. Although not to everyones taste I guess....

juice

• 6 years later...

Necrobump. Just sharing the love for these quite underrated beasts. I picked this one up last year and it really is a very nice bass in every aspect. Although it is just a V-V-T setup with a switchable preset EQ curve, it really responds well to minor tweaks of the controls. There are a whole load of sweet tones in there and it plays like the proverbial b*****d..

Yeah, I read a lot of the negative comments, mostly on talkbass, before buying it and I just don't get the hostility. As a few chunks of wood shaped into an instrument, it's near flawless - light, resonant, balances well and takes a setup very well. As a passive bass, it's a great J bass. Ok, the active system is different to the norm but, once you get how it works and that everything up full is bad, it's easy to get a variety of great meaty tones out of it. They're priced very reasonably at the moment, too. A lost classic, IMO.