Why become a member? ×

SOLD! FS Traynor YBA 200-2 SOLD!

Pentode

Ok – Up for grabs is my immaculate Traynor YBA200-2, purchased new and imported from Uncle Sam in October last year.

Reason for selling is that the American built SVT CL I’ve been looking for finally came up a few weeks after buying the Traynor (figures… :P ) so the Traynor’s got to go.

If you’re not already familiar with it, the specs can be found here –

[url="http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=5&cat=40&id=399"]http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?ty...t=40&id=399[/url]

I’ve replaced the Sovtek 12AX7’s & EH 12AU7 originally supplied with the amp with NOS Phillips Cryo 12AX7 & 12AU7 from Watford Valves (about £100 worth). Like many other people, I found the Sovteks broke up a little too early. The new valves really improved the clean headroom and give a warm, warm bass. I’ll include the originals so you can mess about and find what suits you best.

On this later model Traynor did away with the self bias circuitry, which I believe caused a few problems and now relies on the more standard ‘probe with a DMM and twiddle screwdriver in appropriate place’ type biasing method.

Also, the later model comes laden with four KT88’s to loosen the plaster on the walls of your chosen venue. :)

I’ll throw in a UK to US mains transformer and the flightcase shown in the photos – it’s not a custom fit jobby (s’what the SVT came over in..) but it’s good protection nevertheless.

Altogether the amp, freight, duty, VAT and new valves came to about £690.

Yours for £460.

If you can get over to me near Milton Keynes (during office hours - sorry ;) ), you’re more than welcome to have a cuppa and try it with your own cabs or my two SVT 15” thumpers.

Cheers

Edited by Pentode