Why become a member? ×

Spector Performer 5-string

Born 2B Mild

I bought this as a stage spare but recently put some new wirewounds on and set it up and got a good shock when I found it did the best imitation off JJ Burnell's sound that I've ever got. However, I've just done a deal on a six string and I need the cash.

It's passive, EMG's, 35" & Black Cherry. It's as good as new, except I caused a slight scratch behind the bridge when changing a string. I'm asking £200 + postage

Edited by Born 2B Mild

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='398477' date='Feb 2 2009, 11:13 PM']Is the body on these curved, it looks it in some of the photos?
Any idea what the body woods are (assuming it is a flamey cap)?
Cheers
Jules[/quote]

Yes, it's curvelicious, as is the Spector way

[i]In 1976 Spector and some co-op friends visited a cabinet shop where the woodworking machinery was being sold off. "The guy was moving on to something else. He had an assistant named Ned Steinberger; Ned moved into our place, where he was designing and building furniture. He became fascinated with the idea that we were nutty enough to make musical instruments, and he said, ‘Hey, I think I could design a bass guitar.’ I said, ‘Great—be my guest.’ He came back a week later with the first version of the NS carved-body bass, which we’re still making to this day."[/i]

• [i]Original NS curved carved body style
• Figured maple top, solid basswood body
• 1 piece Solid maple neck, Rosewood Fingerboard with angled back headstock for better tone and string tension [/i]

The above taken from [url="http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFiles/performanceseries.html"]The Spector website[/url]

[quote name='josh3184' post='400043' date='Feb 4 2009, 03:03 PM']I may be mistaking this with another spector but isn't this ridiculously cheap?![/quote]

This is a very good price... but it is from their 'entry level' range...

Nowt 'entry level' about the quality of this bass though...

[quote name='dudewheresmybass89' post='402098' date='Feb 6 2009, 03:49 PM']hi! is the bass collect only? or will you be willing to send out a courier?[/quote]
I have a box, a Post Office, and I'm wearing sunglasses. ;)

£15 should cover it