Why become a member? ×

SWR Goliath Senior Bass Cabinet - ON HOLD, PENDING SALE

JJTee

Bought 2nd hand about 3 years ago. Good condition (has a few cobwebs behind the grill!) Gigged about 10 times. Comes with SWR soft cover (I also have a flight case for it, which buyer can have for free - but it does make things a little unwieldy!). Is missing the plastic corner protectors that were obviously removed when it was put in the flight case, but these can be bought if necessary and fitted. Weighs around 53-53 kg, but easy to move around with the tip back casters and handles.

In a two words - A beast! Will handle up to 1000 watts - sounds amazing with my GK 1001RB. Only selling in order to buy a new bike!

Details here:

[url="http://www.swrsound.com/products/search.php?partno=4410300010"]http://www.swrsound.com/products/search.ph...rtno=4410300010[/url]

[b][s]£400 ono.[/s] [size=4]£360[/size][/b] Collection/delivery only - Surrey/London area, but willing to drive and meet of necessary.

Edited by JJTee

[quote name='obbm' post='396696' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:41 AM']Did this one come from Stickman?[/quote]

I can't remember to be honest - I picked it up from a rehearsal space near Wimbledon Park tube station, but don't remember the name of the guy I bought it from.

Edited by JJTee

[quote name='JJTee' post='396702' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:49 AM']I can't remember to be honest - I picked it up from a rehearsal space near Wimbledon Park tube station, but don't remember the name of the guy I bought it from.[/quote]

From the description, cover and flight-case, I suspect it was the one I had for a while. I got it from David Perry, who bought it new, and sold it to Stickman. Super cab, great sound. The band always referred to it as "The Shed".

I had one from new, but sold it last year (to Poland via ebay). Awesome cab which I thought I'd have for ever. Because of the slant back & wheels, it wasn't as cumbersome as you might think.

A change in the bands transport arrangements meant it was better to downsize in the end, though. I sold mine for £600, so this one's a bargain.

[quote name='obbm' post='396720' date='Feb 1 2009, 12:25 PM']From the description, cover and flight-case, I suspect it was the one I had for a while. I got it from David Perry, who bought it new, and sold it to Stickman. Super cab, great sound. The band always referred to it as "The Shed".[/quote]

Well I bought the cover myself, but the name Stickman is a little familiar. It's certainly been well looked after by all owners, and still sounds great.

[quote name='JJTee' post='396702' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:49 AM']I can't remember to be honest - I picked it up from a rehearsal space near Wimbledon Park tube station, but don't remember the name of the guy I bought it from.[/quote]

Yep, this used to be my cab (and OBBM's before me). Great cab, served me well - these pics are the first time I've ever seen it out of the flightcase!

[quote name='Stickman' post='396990' date='Feb 1 2009, 04:39 PM']Yep, this used to be my cab (and OBBM's before me). Great cab, served me well - these pics are the first time I've ever seen it out of the flightcase![/quote]

This was my rig with it.

[quote name='Stickman' post='396990' date='Feb 1 2009, 04:39 PM']Yep, this used to be my cab (and OBBM's before me). Great cab, served me well - these pics are the first time I've ever seen it out of the flightcase![/quote]

Let me tell you, it was a pain in the @rse getting it out of the flightcase - it is a very snuggily fitting case, took me 45 minutes with the combined effects of gravity, shaking and levering for it to be extracted!! Case is available - currently being used as a makeshift table for a load of geraniums!

Anyone interested?

[quote name='JJTee' post='397031' date='Feb 1 2009, 05:28 PM']Let me tell you, it was a pain in the @rse getting it out of the flightcase - it is a very snuggily fitting case, took me 45 minutes with the combined effects of gravity, shaking and levering for it to be extracted!! Case is available - currently being used as a makeshift table for a load of geraniums![/quote]

Haha, I can imagine. You should post some pics of it in the case if you have any (if not I'll check to see if I still have) - I considered the case a good selling point as it's totally roadproof!