Why become a member? ×

Stageclix wireless system

Delberthot

been checking the website every couple of weeks and noticed no that its available to buy

[url="http://www.stageclix.com/Products"]http://www.stageclix.com/Products[/url]

The bad news is that because the Euro is so bad right now, its coming in awfully close to the £500mark ;)

That's an onion in the ointment

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Delberthot' post='394284' date='Jan 29 2009, 01:53 AM']been checking the website every couple of weeks and noticed no that its available to buy

[url="http://www.stageclix.com/Products"]http://www.stageclix.com/Products[/url]

The bad news is that because the Euro is so bad right now, its coming in awfully close to the £500mark ;)

That's an onion in the ointment[/quote]

Why would you pay so much for that when there are loads of transmitter systems out there for a fraction of the price?
What's so special about this one?

I'm really interested in this.

My Sennheiser wireless has packed in, and I need a new one. It looks pretty small, so it will fit on my pedalboard nicely, and I can leave the transmitter plugged in to charge at practices where I use a normal lead, so I should never have to worry about batteries for it. The fact that it is outside the range of frequencies that are being sold off is also a huge plus, as is the fact it runs off 9v DC - I currently have an extra 12v power supply on my board just for my wireless and that's just no good. I'm not too fussed about this compander stuff - I was happy with the tone I was getting from the Sennheiser to be honest. But I guess that's a plus too.

However, there must be downsides? Apart from the price, obviously - but I'll pay good money for good kit. I'm not keen on the bug design, but I'd be willing to employ my old friend gaffer tape to help out on that one. The main thing that's bugging me is the 'line of sight' it keeps mentioning. How extreme does that get? I don't want to have no signal when the transmitter and receiver can't 'see' each other. That would be a BAD thing. That's the main thing I want to know about really before it tentatively goes on my shopping list.

Anyone got any clue on that?

My understanding of the system is that they use the same frequency as wireless routers use. My router is in the opposite corner of the house to the computer that I am typing this with.

I think they're just saying that if you have line of sight you can get up to 300 feet away from the receiver with no signal loss. You'd have to be playing somewhere like Wembley to be able to get that kind of distance.

They are selling a lot of the broadcasting frequencies, this system goes down to 20Hz, it has a quick charge which means that you can set up your gear and come back to it an hour later with 4 hours worth of playing time in it, it doesn't have a big pack that you need to attach to your strap.

Personally, the size of the bug, the battery life, the way that it charges and the frequency it uses are the big selling points for me.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='415877' date='Feb 20 2009, 11:32 PM']X2 were bought by Line 6 a while ago and the products look interesting as they're completely digital, and are supposed to have a much wider signal band with no signal compression.

The bad news is they're not licensed for use in the UK, yet! June I'm told.

D.[/quote]

Yeah. I meant that as these two systems seem to be similar we might get an idea of the pros and cons of this type of system by reading through the X2 threads.
I was very tempted to get an X2 but i really don't want a pedal type of receiver, plus the battery life is quite poor i believe.

I know they aren't licenced for use over here but i do know of two Europe based TB users already using them.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...