Why become a member? ×

Rackmounting a Hartke HA3500

neepheid

Hi there

The surround of my Hartke HA3500 is broken - split at the side handle. I was thinking of replacing this with a 2U rack case. Trouble is that I'm not sure where to start. I presume I'll need some kind of brackets - do they come with a rack case? Are the brackets a standard thing or do you need to get ones specific to your amp? Anyone got any recommendations for 2U rack cases - I have no clue as to what's good and what's bad. Also not wanting to spend a heap, so if it can be kept below £100 it would be nice.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm pretty green when it comes to all this rack mounting shenanigans.

You can get Hartke rack ears for £25. I had the HA5500 and rack mounted it in a Thomann rackbag for much cheapness.

I managed to bag a set of rack ears free direct from the Uk distributor that had been used on one of the amps that Jack Bruce used for the Cream reunion gigs

I think Thomann do the ears as well.

When you take the amp out of the sleeve, you'll see 2 screw holes on each side of the amp top and bottom, that's where they connect

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Jase' post='394230' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:58 PM']You'll need some rack ears for the HA3500, did you buy it new?[/quote]

Nah, I got it second hand. I found the Thomann link for the ears. I now await case recommendations. Cheers guys.