Why become a member? ×

Can anyone check out a bass for me - Mildenhall, Suffolk

There is an ebay listing for a budget fretless, but the seller has no feedback.

If anyone lives near Mildenhall, or passes it while commuting, is there any chance you could drop in and check it out? It's about 5 miles north of the A11 / A14 junction.

Obviously, if it is viable, I will get a more detailed address.

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' post='393184' date='Jan 27 2009, 09:23 PM']There is an ebay listing for a budget fretless, but the seller has no feedback.

If anyone lives near Mildenhall, or passes it while commuting, is there any chance you could drop in and check it out? It's about 5 miles north of the A11 / A14 junction.

Obviously, if it is viable, I will get a more detailed address.[/quote]

My dad lives in Mildenhall could get him to have a look.

So, what happened?

Based on our slight concerns about the seller, I advised my friend not to push the boat out too far, and he was outbid.

So, what did we achieve?

We checked out a seller with no feedback: we weren't 100% happy with what we found: we bid cautiously: we did not win. We can't prove it was the right decision, but it definitely wasn't the wrong one.

A big thank you to Wayne and his family for taking the time to help. I hope I will be able to do the same for another bass-chatter someday.

David