Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot

Mr.T

The time has come to sell my trusty and much loved Trace rig.
I have owned series V and series VI Trace and (IMO) this SMX is the best of the bunch!
Amazing sound from smooooth to clanky, and plenty LOUD enough for any gig I have played... (I have never needed to turn up past 2.5).

I have owned it since new, it is all in excellent order and I even still have the original handbook.

It consists of:

[b][/b][u][/u]AH250smx amp[u][/u][b][/b]
12 band EQ.
Blendable valve and solid state pre.
Built in 2 band compressor.
Mute button.
etc.
etc.

[b][/b][u][/u]1 x 15 (1153) cab[b][/b][u][/u]
8 ohms

[b][/b][u][/u]2 x 10 cab[u][/u][b][/b]
Adjustable 5" horn.
8 ohms.

I will split the rig if enough interest.
Amp £350
Cabs £175 each

or £650 for the lot!

I know that I am not exactly giving this away, but you will not find a better example of this classic English rig.

Edited by Mr.T

I have been asked a few questions about the cabs...

The dimensions are: 19"W x 17"D x 24"H.
They can be stacked upright or on their sides.
The 2x10 weighs 70lbs approx.
The 1x15 weighs 55lbs approx.
They are rated at 200W, but as those of you who know Trace will already know, Trace always underate their specs.
(Or some other manufacturers over-rate?).

I am based in West Cornwall, but am happy to send by a courier of the buyers choice.

Come on guys... let's have some offers!

A great head.. I've had mine since about 1990 (mists of time..) and still haven't bettered it in my budget. Trogged it round UK and mainland Europe with a variety of cabs, mostly 2x10s.
Mr T.. keep the head unless you really need to get rid! I can use mine with a 1x10 for small gigs or practices, bump up the cabs for more volume. Versatility on a stick! Even a self-professed Trace-hater likes the sound of mine!
If it must move on, SOMEBODY GRAB THIS HEAD!
HUGH

I used to use this set up and really loved it. Eventually traded for an SWR set up purely for something different.

I know someone in the States who was looking for a Trace head but not sure if these have switchable voltage to work at 110v?

[quote name='molan' post='403609' date='Feb 8 2009, 06:28 PM']I know someone in the States who was looking for a Trace head but not sure if these have switchable voltage to work at 110v?[/quote]
Mine has a 240/120V switch on the back.

[quote name='Mr.T' post='404045' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:30 AM']I can't find a 120/240v switch on mine?[/quote]
It's small and doesn't stick out so you don't change by accident(!)
As you look at the back panel, it's a little (about 1/2 x 1/4") slider with a display of the selected voltage, Just in to the right from the mains socket.

[quote name='Mr.T' post='405168' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:53 AM']No switch on mine....
I guess it could still be converted to 120v though?[/quote]
'spose.. you'd need a new transformer fitting. One could approach Trace.. when I was having problems getting a good balanced DI signal from mine, they said 'Ah, that's because the XLR on the back isn't actually balanced' but then supplied - at a small but reasonable cost - a suitable signal transformer. They'd be the perfect people to ask re a suitable mains transformer for 110V. They might even do a switchable one.