Why become a member? ×

Sub-£1k ... Spector or Lakland?

merello

On 31/12/2019 at 17:52, merello said:

Guitar Guitar has a Lakland sale...I actually went in to buy one at the weekend and they said it was sold. Went home and it was still in stock but moved to another store. whizzed me off! There’s a lovely gloss walnut Legend around too. GAS confusion!

To be fair to GG, if someone in another store wants to try a bass from another part of the country, they have to put a deposit (fully refundable) down and this may have have contributed to the sold/not sold situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ezbass said:

To be fair to GG, if someone in another store wants to try a bass from another part of the country, they have to put a deposit (fully refundable) down and this may have have contributed to the sold/not sold situation.

Good point - usually get great service. I went home to check and found it was still for sale. Then I should just have 'bought' it but didn't want the hassle of reclaiming my dosh if it had gone. Not to be ….

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2020 at 17:46, merello said:

If I was doing more frequent paying gigs like I did years ago I’d splash out/invest in something special.

We are bass players!  If I was waiting for paying gigs to support my GAS, I'd probably still be playing a Columbus Jazz Bass copy.

• Haha 4

On 31/12/2019 at 17:52, merello said:

Guitar Guitar has a Lakland sale...I actually went in to buy one at the weekend and they said it was sold. Went home and it was still in stock but moved to another store. whizzed me off! There’s a lovely gloss walnut Legend around too. GAS confusion!

Possibly they had a request from another store but the buyer backed out.

5 hours ago, ezbass said:

I bought a second-hand bass in G/G Edinburgh. It was silly cheap because someone had paid a deposit many months before and never returned and they just wanted shot of it.

£130(!) with slightly chewed hard case, strap, straplocks and even a lead...

5_string.thumb.jpg.92f976ab54bba8819e64852e0dc17999.jpg

Must admit my opinion of G/G has gone up a lot since a poor experience a number of years go.

• Like 1