Why become a member? ×

Musicman SUB5

Ghosts Over Japan

• 2 weeks later...

In my despair of not being able to find a Status S1 I went down to a shop today and tried one exactly like yours
(but with the tacky metal grill -btw if it were less tacky I think I would even like it).

I was blown away!!!

I remembered seeing this add while looking for statuses.

Any chance you want to sell it as it seems trading it hasn't worked??? A price?

Hi mate, whats the B string like on these? I know 'Ray5s have a nice B (for a 34") and wonder if this is translated into the SUB range? Currently playing a Spector Legend 5 (which would appear to be perfect for a trade) and it has a B I'm very fond of! The Stingray is something that always draws me back and this could be a very good trade!

Since you seem to be after basses worth more than your SUB, it might help to say how much money you have to put towards the deal ;)

great basses the SUB's, miss my old 4, learned to play on it :P

Edited by Kev

[quote name='karlbbb' post='420561' date='Feb 27 2009, 01:19 AM']Hi mate, whats the B string like on these? I know 'Ray5s have a nice B (for a 34") and wonder if this is translated into the SUB range? Currently playing a Spector Legend 5 (which would appear to be perfect for a trade) and it has a B I'm very fond of! The Stingray is something that always draws me back and this could be a very good trade![/quote]

I've played both, and the Sub plays easily as well as a proper 'Ray - the electronics are identical.

[quote name='mcc' post='420262' date='Feb 26 2009, 06:03 PM']In my despair of not being able to find a Status S1 I went down to a shop today and tried one exactly like yours
(but with the tacky metal grill -btw if it were less tacky I think I would even like it).

I was blown away!!!

I remembered seeing this add while looking for statuses.

Any chance you want to sell it as it seems trading it hasn't worked??? A price?[/quote]

Ahh it is still up for trade at the moment but I will let you know if i decide to sell.
Cheers

Cai

[quote name='Kev' post='420562' date='Feb 27 2009, 01:20 AM']Since you seem to be after basses worth more than your SUB, it might help to say how much money you have to put towards the deal :)

great basses the SUB's, miss my old 4, learned to play on it :rolleyes:[/quote]

Cheers for the kind words Kev they are fantastic basses which is why I'm waiting for the right trade to come along, or I might regret it!
As for more expensive basses, I put lakland in the post title due to seeing a few round here on sale at around £400 a while back and as
most Musicman SUB basses are going between £300-400 I was just seeing if anyone had an older or slightly damaged to make the value around about the same price. Sorry to cause any inconvinence.
Thanks

Cai

[quote name='karlbbb' post='421206' date='Feb 27 2009, 06:27 PM']Cheers mate! Certainly interested here.

How would a 2 month old, excellent condition Spector Legend 5 in Dark Cherry sound as a trade item? Excuse the bad picture as it's the only one I have to hand.

[/quote]

PM'd
Thanks

Cai

[quote name='Kev' post='420562' date='Feb 27 2009, 01:20 AM']Since you seem to be after basses worth more than your SUB, it might help to say how much money you have to put towards the deal :rolleyes:

great basses the SUB's, miss my old 4, learned to play on it :D[/quote]
I also forgot to mention I've recently become one of the many unemployed so getting enough money to live on is hard enough :)
There for I'm looking for a straight trade at the moment unless I manage to get a job soon!
Thanks

Cai

Edited by Ghosts Over Japan