Why become a member? ×

FS/T: Yamaha Attitude Custom PICS ADDED £400

TheButler

Hey Folks,

Well if you're reading this, you'll know this thread is gauging potential trade interest in my Yamaha Attitude Custom. I've owned the bass just over a year now, originally bought from a close friend in the US. The shipping and charges just about killed me, but ultimately i had myself the best bass i had owned to date for, what i considered at the time, a fair price ;)

However, due to a rugby injury near the start of last year i was out of bass playing for a fair wee while. It has just been more recently that i've rediscovered the bass and got back into a band. Since then i've just fancied a change, to further reignite my bass playing interest - thus we have this trade thread. As you'll note, this is a feeler, as i said this has been one of the best basses i've played an it was bought from a good friend - with this i am rather attached to it, so if sentimentality gets the better of me i might withdraw it. None the less lets proceed with all the gen:

Made in Taiwan around 1992 I reckon
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Maple (No Scalloping)
Body: Alder
Scale length: 33 and 7/8ths
Nut Width: 43mm
Fingerboard radius: 10"
Nut: Bone
Frets: Dunlop #6100 (The top 5 frets have 'thinner' fret wire)
Bridge: BPZ-4
Colour: Blue

It is my understanding that the woofer underneath the pickguard is DiMarzio although the P-pup isn't named (although they sure pack a satisfying tone) Worth noting as well that this model also has piezo transducers in the bridge. As i'm sure you'll be aware it has 2 outputs and a mono/stereo switch on the back. I can confirm that both outputs work and that bi-amping can produce some seriously nice sounds. Primarily i found it helped tremendously in producing a very usable distortion by keeping the low end on one channel, whilst the distortion goes on the other - unfortunately i never did have two SVT's at any one time to use this to the extent Sheehan does.

Unlike the Ltd's this model doesn't have scallops - a feature that i've found i don't get on with anyway. None the less the lack of the scalloped fretboard, D-Tuner
DiMarzio P-Pups does not make this an entirely inferior model, well at least i don't like to think so anyway. Of course it is not quite as desirable, but it is a damn good bass in it's own right! :P

Bear in mind you're also getting the American made, G&G Yamaha Case with this :) A rather spiffy black Tolex one at that!

Naturally i will get pics up - albeit these won't be of the highest quality due to the crappyness of my camera - but they'll hopefully detail the very few imperfections as well as the generally very good condition of the bass.

Cheers for looking and reading at least some of the above :huh:
Jamie

Perhaps i should mention i'd be looking at trades/part-ex's for Warwicks or W.H.Y

Edited by TheButler

I'd really just like to do a trade my good man, not after a sale. Although for forum rules and etiquette i think the region of £400 would be the top given the economy and such ;) I am rather terrible at valuations though, so if you have a better idea feel free to suggest.

would seem fair to me!

attitude special was £400 new, the attitude ltd was £1050 new so yours being somewhere in the middle (at that time 91+) would seem to be priced right!

good luck

andy

Edited by andy67

Can't say i recognise that, looks quite nice though! ;)

I can add cash btw folks, up to £200. I'm really after the Warwicks, hence i realise i might have to add a couple of hundred quid. I also might have more luck selling it and buying a warwick, but i'll hold out for now and see what kind of interest i get :P

All PM's have been answered, thanks to everyone for their offers thus far.

Edited by TheButler

Hi mike
I recognise it, i seem to remember you buying it, we were both in bands on P&O,S Adonia at the the time, nice bass and a top bloke- lee muir
(sorry to highjack just realised this wasnt mikes thread sorry!!) Lovely yamaha though ;)

Couple of pics of my defretted Standard 5; my 1st choice bass right now.Big sound..Damn noisy back pup though..Bought in Amsterdam July '03 so I don't 'spose anyone recognises it?

Edited by lee650

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll sell this now, £400 collected in Edinburgh. Or i reckon i could maybe ship it fully insured via courier for around £25. I'm needing the money to invest in another bass, think i'll make a return to 6 string for a wee while. So i'll take trades/Part-ex (with money added by me up to £200) for a six string.