Why become a member? ×

Identifying the Problem

Stofferson

So,

Rigged up for the gig last Friday, everything was cool, went to play and whilst line checking i was getting a drop in input gain.

Aside from the obvious i'm not sure what it could be, I'll be annoying the neighbours later by setting up and going through each bit in my chain to find out.

Bass is a Warwick thumb BO (2018 model i believe) into pedal board, then Ashdown Abm 600 head, hoping it's something simple / easy to fix, like a dodgy cable somewhere.

on the board is, Micro Thumpinator > Xotic bb preamp > Boss Ls2 - Russin Muff, TC Octave pedal, > Geezer Wah > Sansamp SH1 > amp

I don't think it's the amp, as i could see the drop in input gain on the input VU, I'm no techy, I wouldn't have though if there was an issue with the amp, it would choke at the input stage.

So it's either the bass, cables or one of many pedals.

Apologies for the Vagueness, nothing screams out yet, so ill check it and come back, not sure if anyone has had anything similar?

Thanks 

Thanks guys,  i think I've sussed it (bad cable)

Just a lot to go through and thankfully something simple,

battery is fresh, just when you have two cables an amp, various pedals and patch cables etc. turns out it was just one of my long jacks,

thanks for you're help!

• Like 2