DarylClayton

SOLD - £90 - MXR M81 Preamp/DI
£110
Watton at Stone, Hertfordshire

**Price is now £90**

Hi everyone

This is a simple and easy to use pre amp pedal/DI box for live and studio use. Standard 3 band EQ with mid sweep. Great to add some extra life to an old passive bass or compliment your amp.

I have gigged it a few times but it is in great condition and comes with the original packaging, instructions and I can do shipping, too.

Thanks

Daz

20191216_142100-1.jpg

20191216_142049-1.jpg

20191216_142109-1.jpg

20191216_142203-1.jpg

20191216_142138-1.jpg

20191216_142210.jpg

Edited by DarylClayton

Hey. You open to a trade for an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe at all? Long shot, but nothing ventured.... 

On 09/02/2020 at 19:14, glassmoon said:

Hey. You open to a trade for an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe at all? Long shot, but nothing ventured.... 

Hi there

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Daryl

45 minutes ago, DarylClayton said:

Hi there

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Daryl

Thanks Daryl - responded with haste :)

On 26/05/2020 at 18:04, okusman said:

Was this sold?

Hi there

This is still available.

Thanks

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dodge_bass
      Doing a bit of a clear out of stuff I don't use any more - all priced to sell. Add £5 for P&P
      MXR Bass comp - taken as part of a trade so not needed - £100 (with box but no instructions)
      Markbass Compressore (tube) - just not for me - £90 (no box but will be well packed)
      Empress compressor - don't need two but these are seriously great! - £150 - (with original box and instructions etc).
      Dave Hall Valve pre DI - no longer being made - £100 (no box but will be well packed)

Drop me a PM - I can get these packed up and sent off very quickly.

• By johnpaulbass
      Hello bass friends,
      I did a search before I decided to write down this thread. 
      I'm in a hunt, ONLY USED !, for a a good bass preamp that has to have the BAL input since for a future project we're working to go full in ear and this would be quite a minimalist thing (trio, mostly acoustic stuff, there will be some electric but with VEEEEEEEEEEERY low volume). I intend to build myself a pedal board with: tuner, preamp, maybe a LS2 from Boss in order to have the possibility of 2 basses.
      Said so I'm planning to use my Custom shop fender P bass and a semi hollow bass.
      So far, from what I have seen in this price range (again, in the used market) the choice goes between these:

- Aguilar tone hammer (my favorite so far)
      - mxr m81 
      - electro harmonix battalion
      - eden wtdi
      ecc..

The point of this thread is to explore for some other that I may not have found. What are you experience ? I would love to read of other preamps 

Thank you in advance for your help.

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Been working on my amp-less setup for a while (for my 4 string 28,6" scale Ibanez Mikro Bass, tuned to G1 standard tuning, as in 3 half steps above regular E standard 4 string bass tuning, equipped with a DiMarzio Model P P pickup wired directly to the output jack socket, and run through an always on 1 octave up effect mixed with clean signal, giving an effect similar to an 8 string "octave" bass with pairs of respectively bass and octave strings), and I think it finally has reached it's final form with the arrival of the Art Tube MP Project Series tube preamp that I ordered from Thomann last Friday night.
      I did however replace the "hand picked premium selected" ( ...yeah, right...  ) cheap Chinese stock tube, which had a prominent exquisite thin fizzy and harsh top tire Chinese premium crapiest of all crap tonal quality to it (which I suppose must have been the parameters Art instructed their official "tube hand-picker" in chief to aim for), with a proper quality Russian made EHX 12AX7EH preamp tube, which made a huge difference.
      So the tube in this preamp is definitely no cheap gimmick (don't quite understand the reasoning behind Art choosing to save a fairly minimal amount of production bucks by equipping this preamp with a horrible sounding tube from factory though, as it definitely doesn't give the customers the right impression of the overall actual quality of the unit).
      Though I am perfectly aware that this is in the cheaper end of tube preamps on the market, and that it utilizes a starved tube plate circuit, however I've read in a blog somewhere, written by someone who actually measured the tube plate voltage of this preamp, that it still runs at about 70V, which, while quite a bit more than most other starved tube circuits on the market, still is a long way up to the about 200 to 300V that, as far as I know, usually is considered the optimal plate voltage to run preamp tubes at.
      Non the less it does a great job at adding a really nice touch of rich warm tube flavor and slight compression, just taking the upmost sharp edge of my bass signal (not to be confused with tone sucking), sort of rounding off the harshness of my signal in a really beautiful way, while still retaining the bite and zing of it.

This is how the Art Tube MP Project Series tube preamp looks :

This is the specs sheet :

And here's how my always on amp-less setup looks in it's entirety on written form :
      TC Electronic SpectraComp (always on, fully customizable, 3 band, compressor) ->> Boss LS-2 [A+B Mix <-> Bypass] (parallel effect loops mixer/switch) ->> ={  [Loop A Send] ->> [Loop A Return] ->||<- [Loop B Send] ->> Joyo Orange Juice (always on, relatively low gain, Orange amp style, overdrive, that is always mixed with the clean signal from parallel effects [Loop A] at an about 60% Orange Juice/40% clean signal ratio) ->>  [Loop B Return] }=>> Zoom G1 Four (exclusively used as an always on EQ, utilizing five 1 band fully parametric equalizers to fine tune the tone by boosting the 63Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, and 1khz frequency bands +1 to +2 dB) ->> Behringer BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer (always on, with the 50Hz, 120Hz, 400Hz, and 800Hz band boosted ever so slightly (~ +1 to +2 dB), and the 4.5kHz and 10kHz band cut repsectively about -5dB and -15dB) ->> Art Tube MP Project Series (tube preamp) 
      ->> [ Either : ->> headphones preamp ->> headphones (for home practice) /Or/ ->> mixer/poweramp ->> PA speaker/full range cabinet (for band rehearsals/jamming/gigging) ] 

• By bassmansam
      Fantastic Octave pedal in for full working order. 
      I don't have the box but the pedal will be shipped safely. 
      Price includes postage to UK.