Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Stratocaster 2001

NOW SOLD! I have for sale an American Fender Stratocaster, in bright yellow (graffiti yellow?- seems to be a rare colour - Jeff Beck has used a similar Strat I believe?).
It is the maple neck version.
Made in Corona in California in 2001 (serial number Z1 etc). Has the 5 position selector switch, along with usual 3 knob controls.
It has been fitted with a set of Kinman pickups - AVN 62's at the neck and middle positions / SCN at the bridge.
This configuration was recommended by Kinman for Stevie Ray Vaughan type sounds - fatter than the originals,bit hotter output
and hum free too! (For more info on these, look at their website, www.kinman.com)

The guitar is in overall very good condition. There are a few marks here and there, but nothing serious or breaking through the finish.
Some of the lower frets are showing slight wear,but could be sorted out if you want with a fret dress for not much dosh. It plays fine as it is and sounds excellent,as you would expect with the £220 worth of pickups! Its a good working Strat, a players guitar rather than a showpiece.
Comes with the original Fender shaped hard case which although not as tidy as the guitar is still okay (but then thats what its there for!)
Nothing much else to tell you really. For more pictures drop me a PM and will try to get you some sent.

Was asking £450, now £425 before it goes to ebay- think this is a cracking deal for a genuine USA Strat with a full set of Kinmans. If no interest from here,will be going to ebay fairly soon, as need the dosh due to an arm injury. Would rather it went to a Basschat person, hence the good price.
I am based in East Yorkshire near Hull, and would rather not post/courier the guitar if at all possible. Could maybe arrange meet/deliver etc - hope to be at the Harrogate Bass Bash on Feb 15th too, so could bring it with me.

Thanks for looking, Pete.

Edited by casapete

Really reluctant to ebay this, so final reduction to £400.
There's just been a set of same Kinman pickups (Blues Set) gone on ebay for £175 too!
Found some tags/sticker and unused polishing cloth in my loft as well.
Great deal!