Why become a member? ×

The Alibi @ The Royal Oak, Whitehill

WalMan

Back to [url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=480463&y=133780&z=0&ar=Y"]The Royal Oak, Whitehill[/url] this Saturday.

Used to be a regular gig for us a few years back, and for more years than I like to think about, then it shut and I thought it had been razed to the ground, but no, it seems to have risen phoenix like & to be booking bands again.

First outing for the Epifani cab with the MB combo as The Fountain last week was too small.

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='384938' date='Jan 19 2009, 01:33 PM']I will get along as it's my local gig. We're due to play there four times this year![/quote]That'll be good. We used to do it loads - happy memories of packing up & getting to the curry house in Petersfield before closing (even got a Christmas card from them one year). Got a few coming (I hope) but the more the merrier
[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='384938' date='Jan 19 2009, 01:33 PM']Beware of pi**ed teenagers yelling for 'Love SHack', however ;)[/quote] Oh joy, something for our drummer to get in a strop about :) Well they won't get it :P

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' post='384890' date='Jan 19 2009, 12:45 PM']Back to [url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=480463&y=133780&z=0&ar=Y"]The Royal Oak, Whitehill[/url] this Saturday.

Used to be a regular gig for us a few years back, and for more years than I like to think about, then it shut and I thought it had been razed to the ground, but no, it seems to have risen phoenix like & to be booking bands again.

First outing for the Epifani cab with the MB combo as The Fountain last week was too small.[/quote]

Going to beat you too it, playing there on the Friday, with.....my Epifani cabinets and my MB Amp ;)

Last time I played there was the last gig I did with my V8 and 4 x 12 before it was sold.

[quote name='WalMan' post='384890' date='Jan 19 2009, 12:45 PM']Back to [url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=480463&y=133780&z=0&ar=Y"]The Royal Oak, Whitehill[/url] this Saturday.

First outing for the Epifani cab with the MB combo as The Fountain last week was too small.[/quote]

I used to go there and play in the 70s and 80s when John sullivan had it, havent been there for years. Like you I thought it closed down.

I used to vibrate the glasses off his shelf playing e chords through my much missed acoustic 456

Had 2 pints of bishops tipple once and had to sleep in the car, dreadfull stuff

We are in eastleigh so I will try and catch you another time.