Why become a member? ×

Greetings from across the pond...

Iron Fender

Greetings from the USA, Austin Texas to be precise.

Stumbled upon this while doing some searches on Leo Fender, and thought it was great a great site.

I do like other bases besides Fender and my next purchase will be either a Warwick or Music Man...can't decide at the moment.

I also want to mention that I'm very lucky that I was able to purchase in Dec a 1962 Jazz bass in great condition...it was refinished though. I'm more concerned with the logo than the finish, it was done by RS Guitar in nitro with relic touch. I have to say that it's the smoothest, most incredible bass I've ever played. I'm sure that are newer ones that would blow it away for the price, but it was worth it....

Cheers!

Hello Mr Fender (can I call you Leo? ;) )

Love the sound of that Jazz, post some pictures in the appropriate section here (you'll find it). I play a Jap 75RI Jazz myself and love it - just had some SCNs pickups installed so am looking forward to gigging those next week.

Austin makes me think of Daniel Johnston and Man or Astroman?, but that's just me!

Doug

[quote name='misrule' post='381623' date='Jan 15 2009, 07:11 PM']Welcome, Mr Fender.

Do you happen to know Stony Grantham, another Jazz-playing bassist from Austin, TX?

A slim chance, I suppose, but worth asking ;)

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

I don't, but I'll have to look him up. I'm sure he's pretty good...does he have a website or a group website?

[quote name='Iron Fender' post='381831' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:41 PM']I don't, but I'll have to look him up. I'm sure he's pretty good...does he have a website or a group website?[/quote]
He's a member of the UK-based metal band Shadowkeep who 'commutes' here for gigs.

His myspace is [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=30232035&Mytoken=EA34455E-6A7F-4265-B5ED1752D8547C4D327702394"]here[/url]

Cheers

Mark