Left leaderboard
Born 2B Mild

EBS Reidmar v EBS TD660. Anyone had both?

I love my Reidmar 750 but I'm frustrated that it doesn't go to 2 ohm. 

Has anyone used one as well as having had experience of gigging the TD660?  I'm considering switching so I can have the option of adding to the 4 ohm Neoline 212 that I've recently purchased on Basschat.

Opinions welcomed :)

Own Reidmar 502 played through the TD660 once at a festival in Sweden and a good few times in rehearsals.. good few years ago so to make a comparison would be hard 

There are features that I like about the TD660 but I love my 502. Goes down to two ohms.

If you love the 750 and don't use the drive it makes perfect logic to go for the 502. Plus it has a load of slam!

Heck, I'm so out of touch. I didn't know there was a new Reidmar that could do 2 ohms.  Looks like I'll be selling my 750 to get one, now!

Thanks, attackbass :)

I've always used ebs HD 350 but have never trusted the 2ohm thing.

My last one was the 2 - 8 ohm hd350 but with two 4 ohm prolines it soon blew as did the one before that, never again, one cab @ 4ohm.

11 hours ago, fluffo said:

I've always used ebs HD 350 but have never trusted the 2ohm thing.

My last one was the 2 - 8 ohm hd350 but with two 4 ohm prolines it soon blew as did the one before that, never again, one cab @ 4ohm.

I've run all my EBS stuff at 2Ohm, I've had 2x HD350 and 2xTD650 -  and not one of them has missed a beat. Thats running 4x 8 Ohm cabs. I guess it's down to luck - but I do regularly remove the dust etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lowregisterhead
      For sale, my as-new EBS HD360 30th Anniversary head, bought new a few months ago, and only gigged once. It's a fabulous, versatile amp with bucketloads of power, but I decided to buy a new class D rig to appease my ageing back shortly afterwards, so it's now surplus to requirements.
      Complete in its box with unopened instructions plus the EBS 30th Anniversary hard-backed coffee table book that came with it! I've also got two EBS Proline 210 cabs for sale on here - I can do a very special price for the whole rig for anyone interested. PM me for details.
      £695 £600 including UK shipping. Sorry, no trades please.

• By redbandit599
      Hi all
      I've accumulated one too many amps - so my rather lovely EBS HD350 is looking for pastures new.
      Really great amp, lots of positive reviews online and fans on this page. It has been well looked after and lives in its 3U rack case, along with a Fender Tuner (which does a nice 'Knightrider' thing with a blue light scrolling about.) I'll chuck in the 3U case and tuner.
      It'll drive down to 2ohms so makes for some very flexible cab combinations.
      I will look into couriers if needs be and will charge that at cost, otherwise we can work out contactless collection I'm sure. I'm in Brightlingsea (near Colchester) in Essex.
      Cheers Jason
      p.s. it goes to 11...oh those crazy Swedes 😎

• By Marky Screen
      Amazing analogue bass chorus, this is the 2nd gen true bypass version.
      Internal trim pot to set FX mix level.
      External controls for rate and depth.
      Chorus, pitch Mod and Flanger modes.
      Fixed internal crossover (around 150-200Hz from what I remember ) so the bass frequencies remain unaffected.
      Velcro on the bottom.

No collections or trades thanks.
      Due to the CV19 situation getting things posted may take a little bit longer than usual as I an only dropping of parcels when going to shop for food essentials so please be aware of that.
      No trades thanks.

• By mrfunky
      Hello!
      it is time for a change! GAS...you know...so for sale is my good condition EBS Reidmar 750, extremely loud, very versatile from "EBS precision sound" to a nice "warm round character "with drive engaged (definitely not tubey as mesa walkabout, but definitely warm, warmer then markbass LM, LMTube eg.), character button, mute switch, Pre/post DI (really great!), sweepable mids,  drive button is really nice and adds nice warm flavor up to a light/mid overdrive, 700w into 4 Ohms, 350 into 8, I used it mostly with Barefaced BB2 and never ran out of steam and never really went above 11 tbh (I mean o'clock, NOT in the sense of Spinal Tap - "but my head goes to eleven!"   ) The head was always kept in a sturdy soft case and only shows small wear - I tried to show it in the pic - it is three scratches from a cable a left on top of it in the bag.., I still have original box as well as I bought it new just over a year ago, so it still in warranty definitely till the end of the year. I had no issues at all and worked great in any gig or in studio setting and selling only as I am after a different amp... Shipping to UK/Europe should be no problem even in this time claims the post office here...Shipping to UK/Europe included!